Albums(s) display the album name can have max 17 characters

This is not exactly a bug but an irritating feature which can easily be fixed.  I'm a classical music lover and I group my albums by composer.  Quite often there will be several albums per composer with the same initial 17 characters in the name, for example Mozart Divertimentos.  I have 8 albums with names that start like that and then come the numbers which cannot be seen.  The only way I can see what the contents are of any of those 8 albums is to play it and look at the playlist.   Needless to say this is a pain.  A simpler and easily implemented solution would be to have an added option in the long hold on the album which would be to offer to display full title.

You are probably using music files that contain older ID3v1 tags, which limit some fields to 17 characters. Try updating your files to use ID3v2 tags which are less limited and you can specific a title basically as long as you like. A program like TagScanner on a PC can do this for you, just tell it which type of tag you prefer to use.

Andre

Archived