Fail to import settings

I have had Poweramp for years and I have performed this action before between devices successfully.

When I try to import settings from another device, I place the file last.Poweramp-settings in the com.maxmpz.audioplayer folder and then I try to import through Poweramp settings and I get this message: "Failed to export settings: Failed to parse settings" It doesn't even make sense because I'm trying to import and message says export.

Device: Motorola Moto G 4G LTE XT1045 unlocked retail

Android: lollipop 5.1 stock rom. Not rooted

Poweramp: 2.0.10-build-581-uni (Full Version)

I have searched the knowledge base and the forum for "import settings" and apparently no one else has seen this. Submitted a bug through Google docs.

As you say, the message should have read as failed to import. Do you happen to have an older copy of this file from a previous attempt that you could try, to see if it's the file or something in the new installation which is causing the problems? If it's the file, perhaps it'd be worth emailing it to the dev at poweramp.maxmpz@gmail.com to see if he can work out what's happened?

Andre

Unfortunately, I do not have an older file, which I realize now it would have been brilliant to keep. I actually used an older file first, then decided to delete it an generate a new one because of the error. I assumed the files were good, and the issue was with the app updating the settings.

Archived