The delay in switching or stopping/resuming tracks

Poweramp version: 2.0.10.582, Device: LG G2 Mini (D620r), Android: 5.0.2 (original ROM from Polish T-Mobile).

My problem with Poweramp is as follows. When I want to switch to the next / previous track I always have to expect from a second to even 10 seconds to track changed to another (delay between the time you press a button on the screen to respond to the music player). It's the same with pausing the song and its resumption.

The problem with Poweramp I have from the very beginning on this phone (previously Android 4.4). The SD card was previously used another phone with an older Android and there were no problems with Poweramp.

It is very frustrating, because to switch to the next track you have a long wait, especially if several songs in a row I want to suppress.

I would add that in the default Music app has no problem with switching the songs, but to me this application really is not like it, therefore, a long time ago I bought and I do it (now I'm trying despite the problems) Poweramp for listening to music.

I do not have the possibility to transfer my library (1700 songs) on the phone memory. Checked for an example quantity of 30 songs on the phone - it was ok. But with 30 songs on the SD card - it is ok too.

When completely turned off crossfade (with pause, track change, etc.) is clearly better, but still there are moments that change does not work right away, just a second or two (hard to tell in 100% after 5 minutes checking).

I guess it could be some sort of file-system corruption on the SD Card. It's worth trying to do a clean reformat of it. Copy everything off it onto your PC, reformat the SD Card, then copy all the backed up files back again. Then put the card back in your phone and reboot it and see if that has helped.

Andre

This bug is already present since a couple of years, it's really a shame that it does not get fixed, especially since Poweramp is a payed App, and in the beginning, the problem did not occur :(

Here i linked to several threads about the problem. http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/7002-skipping-tracks-takes-5-10-seconds/

The solution seems to be not to put all the files in the same folder but use subfolders instead (see here: http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/7882-Poweramp-doesnt-skip-songs-or-pause)

However it's rather a workaround than a solution, since I (and I suppose many other people, too) use Tags to organize their Music library, and don't want to spent additional time on sorting the files into subfolders.

Other players don't have this problem.

Any comments from the developers why this bug doesn't get fixed?

I would definitely agree that limiting the number of files in any given folder is a good idea generally - that's what folders are for, to keep file lists manageable. The most I have in any one folder is about 600 songs in my 'Singles' folder (which is far too many really, but they play seamlessly so I've never worried about it).

Andre

However it's rather a workaround than a solution, since I (and I suppose many other people, too) use Tags to organize their Music library, and don't want to spent additional time on sorting the files into subfolders.

I use tags so that a music player can 'organise' my music into the relevant albums/ytracks/etc BUT I also split them into folders for each album. I have c. 43GB of music on my SDCard, with over 7000 tracks split into c. 535 folders (going by Win XP folder properties) and do not see the issues you do.

I do "split" them from the beginning though, as I 'rip' each CD, and I realise that doing this retrospectively is/could be a pain. One 'easy' way could be to use the 'details' view in Windows (at least in XP, not got any more modern than that at the moment ...). You can add/remove columns to list such as track number, album title etc. Have a separate window which has your 'new' folders in it and select those tracks from the same album to move to the new folder. If you get what I mean.....

Archived