Android 6.0 (M) issue, 4k Display, or Nexus 6P issue? Progress bar

I have a Nexus 6P running stock Android 6.0...... I didn't have this issue on any other phone, but on this phone, the progress bar of the songs doesn't match up to the actual location in the song....and with SEVERAL skins, it doesn't even show up or move at all. Some skins it only moves about 1/4 of the way through, but the song is almost over.

Is this an Android 6.0 issue, or something to do with the 4k display? Has anyone else noticed this? 

Most of the time, I don't notice it, since I just "plug and play"....But I'm also a guitar player and when learning a new song, I used to be able to use the slider to go back or forward to a part in a song, now it only works maybe 30% of the time.

It's definitely a bug.

I just updated my Nexus 7 (2nd Gen) Tablet to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, installed Poweramp for the first time (on this device), and yep the same thing happens on my tablet that you are describing while using default skin.

The bar indicated inaccurately (ex. 1/4 bar while at 1/2 of the song time) for the first half of the song, then quickly caught up to the right place as the song got to the end, then as the next song played the bar didn't show at all.

edit:

1. A white dot shows up to the left of the progress bar when the song begins indicative of the bug.

2. The bug only happens in portrait (vertical) view. Everything seems normal in landscape (horizontal) view.

edit #2:

Seems to be an orientation change bug, I've seen it in both landscape and portrait view now. For me it works correctly until the orientation is changed. At that point you have to restart the program for it to track correctly.

Archived