Poweramp library wont recognize all music on micro SD

mbarb54

Why won't the Powweramp music library recognize ALL the songs on my 32 GB micro SD card? It only recognizes some. I have an Android Galaxy S Vibrant. When I use file manager it shows all the songs are on the card and can they can be played from file manager. It seems about only half are showing up in the PA Music library. I have about 180 "artist" folders under one main folder called "Music" on the SD card. When I use my 8 GB micro SD all the songs are read by the player. I recently reformatted the card FAT32 on my computer and copied the music back to the micro SD. This time different songs showed up, but again not all. Very frustrating! Is this an Android issue? None of the different music players I am using will recognize all the music e.g, stock player, Poweramp and DoubleTwist. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PowerAMP's Library is android system library, PowerAMP shows what is exactly in it. The library is managed by system media scanner.

Some songs can be missing because:

- they are in "non-standard" format

- they are in .nomedia location

- they are not scanned yet (system scanner can be slow)

- they are not scanned due to the system media crash (rare, but happens)

PowerAMP will show all supported files in its Folders list.

PowerAMP v2.0 will have own Library implementation, this will help with such system library issues.

Thank you for the information. I notice that when the system scans my 32 GB micro SD card it stops at about 30% and is done. Maybe this is why all the songs aren't showing up in the PA library. When I put my 8GB micro SD in the phone, it scans to 100%. And all the music players read the full contents of this 8GB card. Would you think the 30% scan and stop on the 32GB card is a System issue or a bad micro SD card?

Archived