Sort "reverse" is done wrong

tinoucas

When, in "List options", you select "Reverse", the sort criteria is completely discarded: in the albums view, for example, it will always sort by album name, reversed.

My wish here is to sort by date, reversed, having the most recent at top (not having to scroll all the way down to find my latest additions).

I have noticed the issue on 2 devices: HTC One (m7) (whatever ROM, the 3 I've tested behave the same), and on a Lenovo Yoga Tab 2. Both running Lollipop.

By default, 'Date' is the date a track was added into PA's database (and if you do a Full Rescan, that will become the same for all items, so I assume the next sorting level would be by title). To use the filesystem's 'file modified' date, try Settings > Folders and Library > Lists > Sort By Filesystem Date/Time. That might help?

Andre

I tested this and it seems to work fine for me in both Folders view and Albums-by-Artist. The reverse option (at the top Folder or Album level) does what it says, and shows the same list but with the last items now at the top and vice versa. Time/date stamps in Folders view are always questionable though, I never find them 100% reliable in terms of ordering by the genuine date that the CONTENTS of the folder were last modified - however the reverse option does still show the same list but in reversed order.

Andre

Ok then, it works for me in the Folders view. I can't tell about Albums-by-Artist, I don't have any artist with enough albums to test it.

My issue is only in the "[All] Albums" view, which behave the same on two completely different android devices.

I'll stick to the Folders view for now. Thanks for the tip.

Ah, I've checked 'Albums' mode, with List Option set to "By Artist", and you're right that the 'Reverse' option messes up the order. Without ticking Reverse, the album names are alpha-sorted just as they should be, but with Reverse ticked the displayed order seems to be reversed titles as far as I can tell.

Andre

Archived