I can't see the albumarts on my Samsung Gear S2

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem, really annoying. I have to turn the screen on once for artwork for the current song to display on my Gear S2. While Spotify and Tidal don't have this problem. I'm really picky with my music and only settle for the absolute best of everything, some of my artwork goes as high as (Poweramp's limit) 1800x1800. So when I don't get anything showing on my Gear S2 it really bothers me. I think what happens is Poweramp isn't loading the artwork until the phone turns on. So what there needs to be is a fix or setting so that the artwork loads with each song even when the screen is off.

• 4 months later...

Poweramp sort of optimizes that - it doesn't process album art at all when screen is off (obviously, it's a wasted CPU cycles/battery... unless you have such remote device as smartwatch).

I'll add option to enable AA processing even with screen off into alphas/betas.

2 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Poweramp sort of optimizes that - it doesn't process album art at all when screen is off (obviously, it's a wasted CPU cycles/battery... unless you have such remote device as smartwatch).

I'll add option to enable AA processing even with screen off into alphas/betas.

Thanks! we'll be waiting :D 

• 3 weeks later...

Try the alpha test release of Poweramp v3, in build 703 Max has added an option "Always Process Album Art" to the Album Art settings page. This is designed to ensure artwork on external devices (watches etc) correctly changes even when the phone screen is off, but it's worth trying anyway.

Andre

Archived