Can't Move, edit and/or delete file freely from Music folder

Sukoru

Hello everybody

I'm using Poweramp from about one year, and I really like the player, I think that's the best mp3 player on the store, but I have a problem involving the managing of the music folder.

I own a Oneplus One, rooted and with the official Cyanogen OS 12.1. I've setted the default "Music" folder in "sdcard" root as the primary folder for the music on the phone, and I use to make sure every file is in the right folder and so on.

I've found out lately that it's really problematic to move files that are ALREADY synched with the player. For example, I would like to relocate an mp3 file from "Music/Causalartistname/CasualArtistAlbum" to simply "Music/CasualArtistName" and I'm unable to do so, even if I use ES explorer with root rights.

I find it really hard to manage in this way my MP3 files. Is there any reason why Music folder seems like it's untouchable?

With root and ES File Explorer you should have no problem working with files and folders on your SD Card (without root, some versions of Android will block such access).

Can you move the files using a PC, with the phone connected via USB cable?

Are any apps holding some of the files open, and thus blocking you from moving them? (Try fully closing every app, or rebooting, before trying to move stuff)

Andre

With root and ES File Explorer you should have no problem working with files and folders on your SD Card (without root, some versions of Android will block such access).

Can you move the files using a PC, with the phone connected via USB cable?

Are any apps holding some of the files open, and thus blocking you from moving them? (Try fully closing every app, or rebooting, before trying to move stuff)

Andre

Actually, I've tried everything you said. There's no SD card on the OnePlus One,btw, only cellphone memory.

I tried rebooting, closing the app, closing Poweramp and so on, and, being the music folder only used by Poweramp, I guess it's the player itself that is holding everything. I remember I was able to delete a song previously only from recovery, that is a little to much.

Any advise? I was thinking about unistalling the player, hoping that by reinstalling it it would lose the dictatorial attitude toward my files LoL 

Root has all permissions to do anything on your device. I suggest you check first that root rights are actually given. There are several apps to check root eg root checker by joekrim. Make sure that pa and esexplorer have been been granted permission.

Supersu by chainfire will show you this. Lastly ensure that you have selected esexplorer> tools>root explorer

You could also try and use catlog or similar app to show what happens behind the scenes although this app has lost its usefulness after later versions of android.(not sure which api).

Another suggestion would be to try and use playlist2folder app and see what happens. By the way, the next release of New Playlist Manager will also have this functionality.

If you have already done all/ most of these suggestions then post again.

I listened to the first suggestion that u gave me and buyed the app, hoping to find a solution.it says root works fine, so i decided to reinstall both super su and es explorer, enabling the root explorer again AND giving the permission again. No response. Only way to make it work is using recovery mode and probably adb :/

The problem is it worked before, so that's what's buggin me.

Have you updated your ROM recently which may have broken access? But if ES File Explorer with root is not allowing you write-access to the SD Card I doubt much else will help. Have you tried any of the fix patches to improve access? (they basically just add an extra permission line into the media access control system file)

Andre

Archived