Shuffle and next song not working

There are three very big problems wih Poweramp that make me search for an alternative.

1. Next song

I open my playlist, select a song and play it. I listen to a few songs, then comes the song I don't like. I move forward a few songs until I find the song I like. It says the next song is AAA, and I don't like it, so i change the shuffle a few times, until I find the next song I like. However, when the current song ends, the next song is totally random, and not the one I chose as next song. And it happens almost everytime when I change songs with shuffle. Why does it happen, why don't you fix it? If it says the next song is AAA then play AAA.

2. Shuffle some stuff, some other stuff in order

WTF is with this options? If I am in the playlist, I want to shuffle that playlist. If I choose an artist, I want to shuffle that artist. Why the hell is there a million shuffle options? At least give a choice in settings to select if we want all these complicated shuffles or just a simple shuffle  to shuffle only where I am currently. I have been using Poweramp for more then a month and still have no idea what is the difference between shuffles (and I don't care honestly, I want just one simple shuffle)

3. Most played

Song gets a +1 even if just scroll through it. So I go through ten songs until I find one that I want to listen, and all ten songs are marked as if I listened to them. Make a song marked as listened only if I listened 90% of it, or something like that

1. If you 'change the shuffle' (whatever you mean by that?) then the next song would indeed be newly randomised. That's the point of re-shuffling something. I've checked, and the 'next song' field at the bottom of the player screen does show the next song that will be played after each re-shuffle.

2. You ask for "one simple shuffle", but then you ask for a specific variant (i.e. shuffle the songs of a current album or list). "One simple shuffle" would mean shuffle everything available in the library, so you have already asked for two modes. In fact Poweramp offers both of those, plus some other options. I've explained all the shuffle modes in detail before, I'll find the post for you... [Edit] Here it is: http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/7645-questions-about-queue-and-shuffle/?p=27804

3. I tend to agree (I'd suggest probably 50% played to trigger the status rather than 90% though). The same would apply to scrobbling too.

Andre

Archived