WARNING!! lots of ideas in this BIG post...

First off, I've used Poweramp since its inception and absolutely would be lost without it!! Having said that I've spent more than my fair share looking over it's features and have enjoyed the many updates throughout the years. I consider myself an expert poweramper and utilize most features. I also use to dj and have thousands upon thousands of vinyl records that I have ripped to FLAC so my perception & feedback in this post is through the eyes and experience of a dj music fanatic and my ability to be as powerful as possible when I'm entertaining. Although I use all tags FLAC will allow me too I also organize my music by folders within folders and rarely use the album filter in the library as I have waaaaay too many albums, it's counter intuitive. Here's what I'd like to see:

"Filter by tags from within the player screen"

Currently when you long press the title that is playing while in the player screen you can select the following 2 tags & folder option: artist, album, & folder. By opening up this feature to include other tags such as: year, composer (which I personally use for remixers of my tracks), BPM (which is not currently supported in Poweramp), genre, etc.... Poweramp would be 10x more powerful than it currently is.

"Ability to skip songs in player screen"

When you select display next track in the metadata option, you get a preview of what's playing next. It would be fantastic if there was a skip button in the player screen which....wait for it....would allow you to skip the next song without disrupting the mood. Each time you press this button it would continue to display the next song until the you are satisfied with what's coming next. This would be sooooo useful when I'm playing a party.

"Ability to permanently disable the rating / album art in the player screen (depending on folder)"

A few people on here also mentioned this and I 1000% support this request. Here's my two cents....the ratings is completely useless to me. If I didn't like a song it wouldn't be in my library. Period. No need to rate anything! As per the album art, again I'm using this app to play music...I could give a rat's a#! what the covers look like. However for my regular albums and mixed cds I would still like to use the album art so I guess what I really want is the ability to decide which folders or albums display what in the player screen. Everything should be customizable to my liking!

"Display grids vs just a list when displaying by hierarchy"

Since I use folders I also find it easier to display things by hierarchy. I would love for folders to appear as a grid no matter how many folders I have within folders. (think Windows Explorer or any file manager). This would give it a cleaner look and feel and my experience would be easier.

Archived