Bluetooth with car and scrolling through MP3s and audio

sorosch

Hello,

i have problems with bluetooth connection with my car radio.

I have a Samsung S5 and a BMW with the newest Software from BMW.

I tried it with Lollipop and with Android 4.4.2.

1) Samsung S5 with Andoid Lollipop:

I connect with the S5 via bluetooth with my car radio. The music is played. But i have the problem that i can´t scroll with the steering wheel buttons through the MP3s - only next/previous works.

The next problem is, that when i reconnect via bluetooth (start the car again) - the S5 connects BUT no sound is played - i see on the S5 and also on the BMW display, that the MP3s is played - but theres no sound on the car speakers. When i switch several times in the BMW-menu to e.g. radio and back to Media and so on - sound is played on the car speakers!

With the standard music app on the S5 Lollipop - called "Music" (i think this app is from Samsung?) everything works fine - sound is played and also scrolling works fine.

2) Samsung S5 with Android 4.4.2

I called the BMW Hotline and also the BMW service station: They said, that the S5 works fine with the "standard music player" - so this must be a problem with the other music app (here: Poweramp). So i installed Android 4.4.2.

With Android 4.4.2 i have no problem with sound after reconnect. When i reconnect sound is played!! One problem is solved!

But the scrolling through the MP3s is still not working. And when i make the compromise to switch to Android 4.4.2, then also scrolling through MP3s (with the steering wheel buttons) should works.

And again - this works also with the standard music app on the S5 called "Music"!

The standard "Music" app works perfect with Android 4.4.2 AND with Lollipop! So i belief, that BMW is right - the S5 should works.....

But the standard "Music" app is really poor - useless - i can´t use it. I tried it several days but - once Poweramp - forever powermp.

Do you (or someone else) know the problem? Is there perhabs a solution for the problems? I know, the problem is not easy to reprocude for you.

Perhabs the "modified" firmware from Samsung blocks anything? Do you have any experiences with this?

Please could you help me? Do you have any ideas?

Thank you very much

Best regards

George

Hi Andre,

thank you for the help.

The option "Settings > Headset/Bluetooth > Respond" was already set. I tried also the other setting - and also the options "Android lock screen" and "Poweramp lock screen" . No chance - the scrolling through the MP3s doesn´t work. This is really frustrating. Of course - it could be that this is a problem of the BMW car radio/software - with an MP3 USB stick this works and scrolling through the MP3s is really a nice feature.

Do you have perhabs another idea? Does this works with other smartphones? Perhabs could you try this with a BMW car radio?

Thank you

Best regards

George

• 3 weeks later...

Well I could try to replicate it if you'd like to buy me a BMW... or I'll swap you for my Renault Megane, which works fine via Bluetooth. :)

As your problem seems very device-specific, you could try using the Get Support > (Menu) > Contact option in the app to report it directly.

Andre

Hi,

ok - i buy you a BMW - but only a small one:)

Or better and easier: Come to Munich - go direct to BMW and simply re-programm the terrible BMW-software - and earn a lot of money as a BMW ingenieur:)

I reported the "bug" direct in Poweramp. So i hope, that in a future release of Poweramp, the bug will be fixed...

Thank you very much

Best regards

George

• 3 months later...

I have a similar issue in my BMW. the music plays well but when interrupted by a call or the RDS, the music has to be restarted manually from the phone. tried every setting to resolve but nothing did the trick.

I'm disapointed because it works with the standard player and was hesitating to buy Poweramp because i need it to read flac...

If anyone has an idea or a bugfix...

Archived