How Do You Access Advanced Stereo X Controls

tom

I did a forum wide search of "stereox" and could not find the answer. I accidentally found an advanced stereoX control screen in one of my paid skins and only that one skin. I am pressing and holding the stereoX control until the advanced screen opens. Can anyone tell me if/how it's possible to get there in other skins. Is this an experimental feature? I can get there if I open it first in that skin, then change skins, but there should be a better more direct method. Just playing with it for a moment, it appears to be able to have a dramatic impact on the music if adjusted to the extreme. Using a more judicious approach might prove fruitful.

If a third-party skin does not support this feature, please raise this with the skin developer. As far as I know it works on all the supplied skins.

Andre

I am still waiting on a reply from the developer (and not holding my breathe).  FWIW, I tried all 8 built-in skins and 5 downloaded skins and of these, only one (Carbon Fiber) can access this feature. As I said, I press and hold the stereoX button. If there is another way, I'd like to know it.

I am using a Samsung SM-G386T1 with KitKat 4.4.2 non root.

Poweramp build 580.

Works in all of the supplied skins, including the two extra HD ones (although it can be a bit fiddly to long-press on the right area sometimes).

Andre

I don't doubt it works on yours Andre, but not on mine. I even tried a stylus for precision. One interesting thing I noticed; all the skins I have use the same button layout in the tone/vol section. StereoX is on the left and volume is next to it on the right. Except for the carbon fiber skin: it has balance on the left and stereoX on the right. Also, it works in vertical (portrait) mode, but not in horizontal (landscape) mode. I'm not sure what this means. I'm not a programmer, but it could be either a skin or Poweramp compatibility issue.

Edit: I just tried using my Nexus 7 (2012) tab with Lollipop 5.1 with the same results, so it doesn't look like a lollipop vs KitKat issue.

Ah, you didn't mention landscape mode before, and I never thought to try, let me check...

In landscape, with the default skin, on my KitKat Galaxy Note 3: top row is Treble & StereoX, bottom row is Bass & Balance and then the larger Volume knob further over to the right. Long-pressing on StereoX does bring up the sub-menu (although it's not optimised for landscape and needs scrolling).

Andre

Ah, you didn't mention landscape mode before, and I never thought to try, let me check...

In landscape, with the default skin, on my KitKat Galaxy Note 3: top row is Treble & StereoX, bottom row is Bass & Balance and then the larger Volume knob further over to the right. Long-pressing on StereoX does bring up the sub-menu (although it's not optimised for landscape and needs scrolling).

Andre

At last the solution! Perhaps I wasn't being clear enough with how I was doing it. The skin developer got back to me. I assumed that I had to long press the stereox button because that's what works on the carbon fiber skin. The developer explained that I needed to press the title or label near the stereox button, not the button itself. It just so happened that the carbon fiber skin was the only skin I had that the title/label was also on the button itself. With all the others, it was outside the button. I tried it and it works in landscape mode too, although some of the buttons may be moved partially off the screen.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived