Editing info/tags

JohnnyOMPO

How do I grant permission to write to the tags.  I try to edit the track info and I get the message, "File can't be edited-file is read-only or no permission to write."  It says, "get support" at the bottom.  When I choose this, it says, "No write access to the file.  To enable access, please select SD card in the Grant Access dialog, then try again."  At the bottom it says, "grant access".  When I choose this nothing happens.  I've done it before where I was able to edit the tags but now I forget.

Try to Delete a music file from within Poweramp, which should take you to the same Grant Access prompts and will hopefully sort out the write access for the SD card. You can cancel before the file is actually deleted, or if you want to complete the test just make sure you have another copy of the file somewhere else to replace it again.

Andre

• 5 months later...

Could you please be more specific? I tried deleting the file and it took me to a weird file tree view (external? app? I don't know). And it DID delete the file without a prompt to cancel. (I have a backup, so no big deal.)

So, WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE TO GET Poweramp TO WRITE TO AN EXTERNAL SD CARD in Android 5.1.1??????

You use that tree view to enable access to wherever you need to on your device. Once done, it should further deletes or file modifications should be possible. Oh, and your SD Card must have been assigned a name for it to work (usually done when you format it, but can be changed later on a PC). See http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/7451-grant-access/?p=27340

But basically blame Google for deciding that by default you should not have access to your own device's file system.

Andre

• 2 years later...

Archived