Small problem

MortTheBeast

If I go into Library... Artists... and then press and hold the artist name, I can hit play and it should play all the songs of that artist. Problem I'm having is that it played all the songs the first time I did it, but now when I press and hold... it's only playing the last song and then when the songs finishes it says End List or something of that nature. For some reason it's not starting at the beginning of the list.

If it is currently playing a song by that artist then it will not start again from the beginning of the same Artist, but carry on where it left off. You should set Repeat mode set to Advance List too, otherwise it will indeed stop on the last track of each 'list' (Artist in this case).

Andre

If it is currently playing a song by that artist then it will not start again from the beginning of the same Artist, but carry on where it left off. You should set Repeat mode set to Advance List too, otherwise it will indeed stop on the last track of each 'list' (Artist in this case).

Andre

Thanks for the info. I set the repeat mode to start at beginning of list and that did the trick. To be honest, I find it annoying that you have to do that for each and every list. That IMO should be something set by default to always start at the beginning of a list once it's completed and stopped, same goes for when you have a list going and hold the pause button which stops the list... it should revert to the beginning. The only time a list should start where it left off, is when you pause it.

Whats the point of a list ending and then it playing only the last song when you try replaying it without having it set to start back at beginning? It's like playing a CD or Vinyl... once it's done or you stop it, they go back to start.

As I said, set Repeat mode to "Advance List". If you don't, then it will stop where it finishes on the last track of a list (rather like a cassette tape I guess) and thus pressing Play again it will play the 'current' track again. Advance List is the normal playback mode for Poweramp, which automatically continues on to the next list when the current one finishes.

Andre

Archived