HD Skins Problem

pmcgregor

I'm new to the forum. Now using Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phone with Lollipop. My Poweramp version is V2.0.10 build 575, but don't get an indication from Google Play store that I need to update (to the current build 579).  I've been using Poweramp for perhaps a year with no problems. I downloaded Poweramp HD Skins Version 4 about a week ago after an update prompt on the skin setting screen (which is still there but dimmed), but don't recall if that was before or after the Android OS upgrade from Kit Kat to Lollipop that was done about the same time. 

The Poweramp HD Skins app, if that is what it is, does not operate as expected. When I access settings/look and feel/skin in Poweramp, the HD skins are not displayed as choices. (Are they now there and just not identified as HD skins? I had not previously used the aluminum or white plastic skins so not sure what the non-HD versions looked like.)  When I press the Poweramp HD Skins icon in my launcher, I get the message "Poweramp Skin Pack was successfully installed." However when I press on one of the HD skin choices at the bottom of the screen, a message appears, telling me the skin failed to load and that skin was reset to default. With repeated attempts, occasionally the HD skin will load.

Can anyone explain how this is supposed to work?   I see that Poweramp Build 578 improves 3rd skin failures handling. (However this problem is about a Poweramp-developed skin failure.)  If that is the problem, how can I update to the current build?  Uninstall and reinstall from Google Play? And will that fix my failure problem with Poweramp HD skins?   It seems strange that using the HD skins requires a separate launcher. Why not roll this into one of the builds?

You can download the latest releases from the website here (first sticky post in Common Talk) before they are released to Google Play. Just install, nothing extra to do and future automated updates will continue to work for you via Google Play.

Andre

Archived