Poweramp starts playing when it shouldn't

andrescm

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/15/2021 at 11:10 PM, andrewilley said:

@Pankajk5 Still the same question what does Last Processed Commands show. If your Zen thingy or other connection method is generating a KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY (or KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE) event, Poweramp will do as its told and start playing.

Andre

==================

03:08:39.640 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON

KEYCODE_MEDIA_PAUSE ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=69457518 flags=0x0 playerState=2

==================

03:08:39.642 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON

KEYCODE_MEDIA_PAUSE ACTION_UP name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=69457521 flags=0x0 playerState=2

==================

03:09:47.353 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON

KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=69525208 flags=0x540 playerState=1

==================

03:09:47.353 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON

KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY ACTION_UP name=Virtual source=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=69525209 flags=0x540 playerState=1

@andrewilleyFinally I could reproduce and get the last command executed. Please check and let me know 

@Pankajk5 So that says at timestamp 03:08:39 the external connected device sent a MEDIA_PAUSE event, which should cause Poweramp to pause any existing playback. Then at 03:09:47 the device sends a MEDIA_PLAY event, which should cause Poweramp to resume playing. That's what those commands should be doing anyway.

Andre

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

@Pankajk5 So that says at timestamp 03:08:39 the external connected device sent a MEDIA_PAUSE event, which should cause Poweramp to pause any existing playback. Then at 03:09:47 the device sends a MEDIA_PLAY event, which should cause Poweramp to resume playing. That's what those commands should be doing anyway.

Andre

@andrewilley is this something to do with  my device or the app that I am using.

1 hour ago, Pankajk5 said:

@andrewilley is this something to do with  my device or the app that I am using.

I guess other apps could be creating key/button events (physical button re-mapper apps do this for example) but I can't see why they would.

It is much more likely that the key events are being generated by your connected BT device. You could try connecting to something else (BT speakers, TV with Bluetooth, car stereo, etc) and see if the command sequence you see upon connection is exactly the same, or if any initial connection sequences differ by device.

Andre

Archived