Poweramp starts playing when it shouldn't

andrescm

Hello,

I've been using this app since I bought it about 3 years ago. It's perfect in almost every aspect except one, which I discovered during the last year when I bought a car. I use the app to stream music via bluetooth. But many times I only have the phone connected via BT in case someone calls me, not to play music. Now I'll try to explain the sequence in detail:

1. (The "Resume on Bluetooth" option is always disabled).

2. The phone connects to the car stereo via bluetooth.

3. I start playing FM radio on my car stereo.

4. At some moment I receive a notification on my phone (an SMS, a Whatsapp message, a calendar reminder, etc.). The notification ringtone is heard through the car stereo.

5. The car stereo's sound source switches automatically from FM to bluetooth stream at this moment.

6. I switch the car stereo's source back to FM radio.

7. I hear the FM radio for a second and then Poweramp starts out of the blue playing from where it left off the last time I used it. If it was in the middle of a song, it resumes that song.

Conclusion: I have to unlock my phone, stop Poweramp and switch the car stereo back to FM radio for a second time.

How can I stop this from happening?. I mean, I'm not using the app at all at these moments, it's not even in the recent apps panel. As far as I know, it's only reacting to some kind of trigger launched by the car stereo when I switch to FM radio, but that's all I can tell.

I've read this post and it seems to cover my case, I've yet to confirm. If that's the case, is there any way I can trace the bluetooth commands so I detect which app sends the MEDIA_PLAY command?

I'll greatly appreciate any comment on this matter.

Regards,

Andrés

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 years later...

Whenever I attach my Note 9 to a TV to use DEX, then Poweramp will begin playing automatically.

The playback does not start immediately - there is about a 1 minute delay.

If during that time I start another media app, for example Youtube, then it will stop playing when Poweramp interrupts and begins playing.

If I force-stop the Poweramp app, it restarts itself in 1 minute and begins playing automatically again.

I have been unable to find any solution. It sounds like the same problem manifesting.

This makes me very suspicious of Poweramp.  What is it doing?  Is Poweramp monitoring me?

If anyone finds a working solution for this behavior, please post.

22 hours ago, andrewilley said:

No, why would it?

Are any of the 'Resume' options enabled in Settings > Headset/Bluetooth or in Settings > Audio > Audio Focus ? How are you attaching your device to the TV, cable or wireless display?

Andre

Anytime an app does not let me force-stop it, there is cause for concern.  If I have my TV plugged into my Note 9 using DEX, then when Poweramp starts playing automatically and I try to force-stop it, it just restarts itself.  I am a professional Android programmer.  Normal apps do not exhibit this type of behavior unless the developer went to a lot of trouble to monitor events and cause the app to restart itself.  Facebook was once under fire for this sort of behavior - and for monitoring everything a user did on their device.  So when I see similar autostart behavior happening with Poweramp, it gives me pause for concern.  That's why I asked.  I am not accusing Poweramp, just asking.

I do not have any Bluetooth device active.  I am just playing sound through the TV's HDMI output.  The connection is physical, using an HDMI cable.

My Audio Focus has default settings - these values are currently enabled:

Resume After Call, Short Audio Focus Change, Duck Volume, and Permanent Audio Focus Change are all ON.  Everything else is OFF.

If you can tell me how to change those settings, I will try it and let you know if that stops the bizarre autoplay behavior.

Thank you.

Is PA set to be the default audio player, and perhaps the TV connection is driving that to bring PA from the Android side? I'd have to think that something is calling for it to wake it up.

I have never had PA start up by itself in years of use on several devices. And I trust it well that there isn't anything leaking, at least from my perspective.

7 minutes ago, MotleyG said:

Is PA set to be the default audio player, and perhaps the TV connection is driving that to bring PA from the Android side? I'd have to think that something is calling for it to wake it up.

I have never had PA start up by itself in years of use on several devices. And I trust it well that there isn't anything leaking, at least from my perspective.

My default player is YouTube Music

• 3 months later...
30 minutes ago, Pankajk5 said:

I am having the same problem with Zen mode in one plus 6T

So you are saying playback commences whenever you connect your phone to a Bluetooth device, even when the resume option in Settings > Headset/Bluetooth and/or Settings > Audio > Audio Focus is turned off? When do you see in Settings > Headset/Bluetooth > Last Processed Commands when this happens?

Andre

15 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

So you are saying playback commences whenever you connect your phone to a Bluetooth device, even when the resume option in Settings > Headset/Bluetooth and/or Settings > Audio > Audio Focus is turned off? When do you see in Settings > Headset/Bluetooth > Last Processed Commands when this happens?

Andre

I have two issues:

1. Sometimes I see with Bluetooth or wired connect, Poweramp starts automatically.

2. There is a Zen mode in one plus(attached screenshot shot), after which it enables the Poweramp automatically and I can't even disable the music during that time.

Screenshot_20210215-222646__01.jpg

Archived