Can't play more than half of my music

So since I got my Samsung galaxy s4 I've experienced problems with the music player. since I could not play music at all because an error occurs I decided to download a 3rd party app this being Poweramp. A thought my problem would be solved but I still can't play my music and the player then decides to switch play lists and to use my other media that ain't even music. I've tried music with 165kbps to 320 kbps and still haven't found a solution. Help?

Bitrate won't have anything to do with it, unless maybe you've got some really excessive flac files. Does all of your music appear in the library view but some won't actually play, or does a lot of it simply not appear in the library at all?

Check which folders are currently selected (ticked) in Poweramp Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders. You should have all of the folders which contain your music ticked, but no others (this is to avoid non-music files such as notifications or game sounds being detected).

Andre

Poweramp can actually handle any flac out of there. This looks more like swapped sd card earlier, or music folder(s) renamed. I would suggest using Full Rescan once (settings - Folders and Library - last item in the list). If it doesn't help, please send us example of such failing file to poweramp.maxmpz at gmail.com.

Thanks!

Thanks max and Andre for replyin. I did solve the problem with the play lists and the fact that music was not playin. All my music is now 44.1 kHz and 320 kbps hopefully that will solve any issues. I'll keep you guys updated if I get any other problems

Archived