USB drive with NTFS, Poweramp finds no files

listeragain

Hi,

Running build 573 on an ASUS tabled (Android 4.2.1).

I have an external USB drive formatted as ntfs and when I connect the drive I can select the folder(s) I want in Poweramp, but when I do a 'manua'l Rescan, it takes about one second.

I can play any of the files on the USB drive by double clicking on the file name.

Thanks,

I think the clue was in the thread title rather than in the message itself: "Poweramp finds no files". I'm not sure whether external OTG devices are fully supported, but if the drive appears and can be selected in the Music Folders list then I would have thought it should be scannable too.

Andre

Can confirm that after copying some files to the SD card, Poweramp can play them.

This would point to the USB drive. As I said, I can play files if I select them via a file manager. It seem to be the scanner that has problems

Thanks

Sorry this is late but hope it helps. I'm running a nexus 7 (2013 edition) running a rooted 5.0 custom rom and can confirm that using an app called stickmount (stickmount requires root access) on the play store in combination with a 64gb flash drive in otg mode Poweramp reads all of my songs perfectly fine (including flac)

Thanks, but was hoping that the developers could shed some light as to why the USB drive is accessable/visible (together withall sub-folders), but the scanner doesn't work.

Don't have any issues with Neutron Music Player (if that helps)

• 1 year later...

Archived