Does Poweramp need to verify purchase very time it opens?

jmnorvell

Twice in the past few months I've had the unpleasant experience of settling in at the start of a long flight, opening my phone in airplane mode and starting Poweramp to listen to music. I've purchases Poweramp Pro a long time ago. I get "Can't verify Poweramp License." What gives? I'm starting to get used to rival music players....

Please see http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/323557-is-internet-connection-required. I suspect your problem may be that license re-validation can occur after a reset - although I must admit that I had assumed that meant a factory-reset or other low-level function such as clearing app data, not just a simple device reboot.

As you say, it is a common requirement to be able to power your device down and then reboot it into flight mode and still expect your non-network apps to continue to function normally. (Which does work for me by the way, I often use PA during long flights)

Andre

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the reply. I missed it somehow back in January. Yes, the article does say that only a real re-set should trigger re-validation. It didn't always happen for me, just kind of randomly on these flights. When it did, PA didn't work again until I re-launched it with an Internet connection. I haven't experimented with it recently.

• 2 months later...

This happened to me in the middle of a three hour long car ride so needless to say I was not very happy. I'm glad to see that it is not something that regularly happens and that the app does not require an Internet connection for regular checks. The confusing part was how I made it quite some time through the trip before it outright locked me out of the interface and wouldn't let me play my music. I had to use Play Music for the rest of the trip.

My only guess is that an Android system update triggered it.

This link goes to 404.  I travel internationally on long flights and have had this happen several times. You would think that once the app verifies it has been purchased this wouldn't be a problem afterwards. If it is purchased today, how is that going to change next week or next month? Is there a function to un-purchase? Because if this happens one more time that is exactly what I would like to do.

Archived