LG G3 lollipop bug

Hi

I have the lg G3 running lollipop 5.0. I am running Poweramp 2.0.10.

The problem I have is when listening to music it randomly stops/goes silent for a split second. It is very quick but noticeable and can happen two or three times in a song.

Is this a lollipop bug or a G3 issue? I have only owned the g3 for two weeks and had lollipop on it all the time. This didn't happrn on my Sony Xperia Z1 compact running android 4.4.4.

Thanks

Brett

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have the lg G3 running lollipop 5.0. I am running Poweramp 2.0.10.

The problem I have is when listening to music it randomly stops/goes silent for a split second. It is very quick but noticeable and can happen two or three times in a song.

Is this a lollipop bug or a G3 issue? I have only owned the g3 for two weeks and had lollipop on it all the time. This didn't happrn on my Sony Xperia Z1 compact running android 4.4.4.

Thanks

Brett

Just to say to this I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 running 5.0.1 (a GPE ROM - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=58037356

...) and run Poweramp 'wired' to my car stereo. No stuttering at all.

Dave

Hi 

Im running exactly the same set as you Dave (Galaxy S4 and the same GPE ROM you've linked) and can reproduce the same bug posted by Brett.

Buffer and priority settings already set to the highest. Never had a single problem on kitkat. And the problem seems to happen just on wired headset. With my bluetooth receiver things are working very well so far, no much time spent on this though.

What may be causing this?

Thanks in advance

Cesar

It happens to me too both with wired headset (tried different ones) and on bluetooth playback (both in car and home sound system). I sent a bug report through the app two weeks ago and haven't received a reply yet. This is a showstopper, I changed to a free player just to avoid this even after paying for the app. Please fix this.

Thanks for the reports. The Lollipop itself has no such issues as on 5.0.0/5.0.1 on Nexus devices. The new ROMs coming for non-nexus devices can have any type of issues, but those are not arrived to any our test devices yet (outside Nexuses). As soon as we get it, we'll fix it.

Thanks!

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same bug, i.e. audio tracks skipping using LG G3 with Lollipop and bluetooth car stereo (Alpine UTE 72BT). I've tried to maximise buffer size and tweak priority, but did not solve the problem. 

Let me take this chance to notice you that I'm not able to give Poweramp the correct priority when I turn on the car stereo: if I press Play on the radio sometimes starts G3 default player, sometimes not; moreover, if I disable the G3 default music player and pair the devices, my car display shows correctly the track going on, but no audio comes out! To solve this I have to pair/unpair devices a bunch of time...

Please help me! I don't want to switch to another player, Poweramp is surely the best!

Thanks

It seems that a few people have been complaining of 'stuttering' problems with Lollipop but it does seem to be a little 'random'. Go read some of the forum threads on xda and search for the problem to try out some of the proposed 'fixes' (try the one I link to above for starters - you may not have an S4 but the SW is basically the same ... sort of ...).

Dave

• 1 month later...

Archived