Ability to Change Bass and Treble Frequencies.

xChris6041x

Hello :) I just joined the forums and I was thinking about posting this feature for a while.

I would love to see a setting to change the bass and treble frequencies, because some of the songs I listen to drown in the bass because the frequency is too high for my taste. I think adding the ability to change both the bass and treble frequencies would enhance the Poweramp experience even more :)

I don't beleive this is in Poweramp unless it's really hidden, but I hope this feature gets put into Poweramp. :)

Thanks for reading.

That's what the 10-band equaliser is for, the Bass and Treble controls are always going to be rather coarse options.

Andre

Well using the EQ does something different than changing the bass and treble frequencies. Unless I'm wrong about how Poweramp's bass and treble work. I'm pretty sure it's using a low and high shelving filter which has a different effect than changing the EQ on the low or high ends. To clarify, the feature I would like is the ability to change the low and high shelving frequencies. Possibly in the advanced audio settings. :)

Chris.

Equalizer bands are narrow frequency amplifiers.
Bass and Treble are wider Low pass and High pass filters - the same as on some hi-fi equipment.
Bass is 0-100hz, treble is 10000hz+. These are standard ISO frequencies for bass/treble.
Bass and Treble are independent from Eq knobs, i.e. it's 2 extra bands. Also they can't/don't reduce level of their frequencies - zero (left corner position) means no change of sound at all.
So there are 10 equ bands + 2 tone bands = 12 in total. This is nicely processed on NEON enabled cpus - 4 samples for 2 bands with one cpu instruction/cycle, 32 bit internal processing.

Thanks!

Equalizer bands are narrow frequency amplifiers.

Bass and Treble are wider Low pass and High pass filters - the same as on some hi-fi equipment.

Bass is 0-100hz, treble is 10000hz+. These are standard ISO frequencies for bass/treble.

Bass and Treble are independent from Eq knobs, i.e. it's 2 extra bands. Also they can't/don't reduce level of their frequencies - zero (left corner position) means no change of sound at all.

So there are 10 equ bands + 2 tone bands = 12 in total. This is nicely processed on NEON enabled cpus - 4 samples for 2 bands with one cpu instruction/cycle, 32 bit internal processing.

Thanks!

Thanks for the clarification :) I can see how this feature would be hard to implement having that setup.

Chris.

Archived