BT headphones + powerAMP. Any issues?

silt

Hi,

I am about to buy Jabra Halo bt650s for my motorola milestone. I was wondering whether there could be any issues with Poweramp and bt headset connection I should be aware of?

Equalizer is absolutely crucial for me. Does it work just like with the wired headphones? Is there anything else that does not work properly with BT headphones?

I'm using Poweramp in my car (bluetooth connection to car's stereo which is the same like BT headphones).

Poweramp works flawlesly, the only thing that has disappointed me is poor A2DP quality of Android phones (too low bitpool: 32).

For more info you can check: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=9888

A question for Maxmpz: Is it possible (or it will be someday) to increase A2DP quality (bitpool value) using Poweramp or it is just hardcoded to androdi's kernel? THX a lot!

Regards,

Dejan

I second that! I've been getting nasty crackly distortion on high volume/high frequency sounds on my car stereo via bluetooth, and had put it down the the stereo - but having checked that thread it sounds like it's Android's fault :( Is this something that can be changed? It sounds perfect via a headset cable into the Aux port, and also from my old HTC Windows Mobile device via bluetooth.

Andre

DeY

I'm not sure the tweaks like these are possible from userland (from usual non rooted apps/non-kernel module), though I will check that a bit more closely.

andrewilley

You can try to check PowerAMP equalizer when connected via bluetooth - disable Tone and use FLAT preset. If sound is still distorted - something is with the A2DP link or device - you can try to repaid the bt device (car system).

I have the Sony Ericsson Bluetooth HBH-IS800 headphones. I use them with my Motorola Droid 1 and Power Amp and I am very happy. I haven't heard any hissing or crackling. Pairing is simple. Droid 1 headphone jacks are garbage so going with bluetooth is a great alternative. Having Power Amp makes my listening experience even better.

• 2 weeks later...

I second this request (bitpool) as I cannot go back to wired headset; if this can be tweak, Max, please add the option.

I think if I recall correctly, this could be changed in the registry on WinMo.

Thank you,

Otto

I have flashed CyanogenMod (which uses bitpool 53 by default) on my HTC Desire and in combination with Poweramp, A2DP sounds superb on my high quality Bose audio system! Still waiting for any other solution, because I really don't want to lose Sense UI :-/

I have the Sony Ericsson Bluetooth HBH-IS800 headphones. I use them with my Motorola Droid 1 and Power Amp and I am very happy. I haven't heard any hissing or crackling. Pairing is simple. Droid 1 headphone jacks are garbage so going with bluetooth is a great alternative. Having Power Amp makes my listening experience even better.

I am also using the HBH-IS800 with the Droid 1 (in my case Milestone) and it sounds really good. Just like wired ones with flat EQ.

Only thing is, that the EQ is nearly unusable, since volume gets too low and sound becomes crappy when EQ is enabled. That is a lot better with wired headphones.

I read a lot about a2dp on Android, espacially on the Droid/Milestone and it seems, that the bitpool value has a big influence on sound, but has to be compiled into the corresponding kernel module and can't be tuned at runtime...

That's the impression I've been getting too. I obviously would love A2DP to work properly, but equally I do not want a non-Sense ROM on my phone.

So unless Max can come up with some wonderful fix for the bitpool setting, does anyone know of a decent Sense ROM which has this issue fixed?

Andre

• 3 weeks later...

Archived