Add to playlist

Hi,

I am running the Poweramp Full version on a Samsung S4 mini Android 4.4.2.

I am veruy happy with it and it was running fine. Yesterday I downloaded an update from the google store and lost a function. I run Poweramp fullscreen with that window where the album art is taking the upper 2/3 of the screen, buttons below, title name and gauge below. In this window, when I hit the phone menu button, I have a popup menu with the Preset, Search, Add to Playlist, Info/Tags, etc. menu options.

After yesterday's update, the Add to Playlist option in this menu is greyed out. If I want to add a song to a playlist, I have to tap on the song name to go into the song list window, find the song then make a long press on the song name, then tap "+ Add to Playlist", then tap the small icon to get back to full screen with albumart. Many extra steps that are very annoying due to "mistaps" when you have fatlarge fingers.

So technically the add to plaulist feature is working, but is only disabled in the fullscreen+albumart window. Since I haven't gone into settings for days or weeks, and I was adding songs to playlists from the fullscreen window minutes before the update, and a few minutes after I could not do that anymore, I can only presume that something changed because of the update. Maybe some setting got changed because the update took place while the Poweramp was playing, but I don't think it's the first time this happened.

Anyway, how do I re-enable the "Add to Playlist" menu option from the fullscreen with albumart window?

Sounds odd, I've checked and the option is still available on my phone (Note 3). You see the option from the player screen menu, but it's greyed-out? I think we'll need Max's input on this one.

In the meantime you could try clearing all the app cache and data for Poweramp (effectively making it a new install) but you risk losing anything you've set up in the meantime (ratings, chosen album art, etc). You can export the main player configuration settings before you do it and then re-import them, but that doesn't bring everything back.

Andre

Ha, I found the culprit. If I go into Settings > Look and feel > General, and enable the "Delete Action" function, it re-enables BOTH the "Add to Playlist" and "Delete" options in that menu. If I disable it, it disables BOTH. I don't remember touching this "Delete Action" ever. Anyway, I'll keep it disabled for the time being, it's too dangerous with fat and clumsy fungers. But I'd rather see it only change the "Delete" menu option and not the other, looks like a bug.

Have you disabled the Delete button by the way, or does that have the same problem? Have you tried switching to the alternative (Poweramp Skinned) menu layout via Settings > Look and Feel > Menus to see if it's the same there?

[Edit...]

Just saw your recent reply, you've tried that. Delete will prompt you before actually erasing a file from storage, but it does not prompt you before removing it from a current playlist.

I can now see the same issue when playing from folders/albums/etc - disabling the Delete option also disables the Add to Playlist option (in both menu types). Ironically, if you are actually playing from a Playlist at the time, the function comes back (I assume this is because the Delete button is allowed in that mode, since it does not do a filesystem delete). I'll log it with Max for looking into.

Andre

Archived