creating playlists by one clic research

chris_nb

Hello,

I'm currently using Poweramp (2.0.9 on Android 4.3 on a Sony Xperia Z1). This may not be seen as a full new feature but rather a good improvement in ease of use (here it is playlist creation speed). What I want to do is quicky create the playlist I want. I would like and equivalent way of doing like on linux or windows explorer combined with vlc : quick search in my music folder to find my song and then only one click to add to the playlist I create.

So it would be a combination of two existing features of Poweramp :
  - when in any playlist, I can press :  menu  >  add to a playlist  and then each time I click on a song it is added (the most perfect fonctionning would be that it adds the songs in the order I click them and not by alphabetic order, but maybe it is wishable only if it does not complicate the code of the app too much)

- I can also press :  menu  >  search  and it brings me to the music search screen. Once I type in the beginning of the name of the music it shows me the results I wanted, then I have to hold the music I want to add to the playlist, then press add to a playlist, the select the playlist in the list. Which takes so much time.

Whereas if these to features were combined, I would just have to do something like :  menu  >  search  >  add to a playlist  or  menu  >  search & add to a playlist  then I would type in the beginning of my song's name and the results would be shown just as like as the search feature, and then I would click on the chosen song and it would be added, and then I could search for my next song and add it just by typing in again the name I want. This would be so much time saving and most would enjoy so much more their music experience with that already great music player !

Some will find that I am to picky in requesting that functionning, but I think those who are constantly creating playlists like me will understand.

Archived