why cant Poweramp handle large sd cards

this is ridiculous. if my sd card in any other format than Fat32 takes way to long to mount and scan so i have to use it and Poweramp just straight up doesnt work when i have more than a few thousand tracks. every other music player works fine no problem and this has been going on for months

It may be an issue with your sd card. 
Poweramp is more sensitive to the bad blocks on sd cards due to the highly optimized songs scanner and wider range of checked files on sd card.
Such sd card issue is better to be fixed early, as it can cause serious data loss.

Please:
- check your sd card for errors on computer
- try to backup sd card then reformat and restore
- try another sd card

Thanks!

It may be an issue with your sd card. 

Poweramp is more sensitive to the bad blocks on sd cards due to the highly optimized songs scanner and wider range of checked files on sd card.

Such sd card issue is better to be fixed early, as it can cause serious data loss.

Please:

- check your sd card for errors on computer

- try to backup sd card then reformat and restore

- try another sd card

Thanks!

i sent a message to another moderator after fixing this completly by chance

"after accidentaly copying my music folder from my PC which has been auto organised into sub folders with <main music folder> <artists> <album> <songs> i would assume Poweramp has a real big problem with directories that have too many files in a singular folder since i just use to have over 4000 tracks in one folder."

its a shame it has to work like this since Poweramp isnt able to auto organise music so adding tracks in the future will be a pain having to go into my files and one by one finding specific folders and files manually organising them, not being able to drag and drop

Glad you've solved the problem, and thanks for the PM. Yes, 4000 files in one directory could be regarded as somewhat excessive! I've never tried it, but the file system load would be pretty major I guess. I guess that's why God created folders. :)

My own music root folder contains the same sort of number of tracks as you, but there are 200 or so nested folders to keep it all neat and tidy. I wouldn't dream of doing it any other way, as I have a lot more control that way.

Andre

Archived