So frustrating!

planehazza

Sorry for ranting but either I'm doing something very wrong, or the way this application handles lists is really annoying!

Why can I just have a library of music, and when I play all it stays in the order I want it, which is Artist, Album, track number in that order?  I have all my music (mixture of FLAC and MP3) in a structured hierarchy.  I have folder for each artists, each with subfolders for each album.  I created a playlist to keep this, and it works.  However, when I turn on shuffle, and then turn shuffle off (because I like that song and want to continue the album) it stops going Artisit/Albumn/Track, but instead reverts to just all media alphabetically!

So annoynig! How do I stop this? The easy answer is to directly just chose that album from the Album list, but it's such a long tedious way to do it!  Why can't it be like winamp/MusicBee where it just has a now playing playlist?  

Sorting the 'All Songs' section by artist is no good either as what about Various Artist albums etc? I don't want them mixed up all over the place.

As you say you have all your music neatly sorted into folders, can you use Folders playback mode? That's what I do, and when I play music in shuffle mode, and then turn it off to carry on listening to more tracks in the current album, it works fine.

I've just tried what you mentioned and that seems to work too. i.e. start playing from a Playlist, then I opt for Shuffle Songs mode (which shuffles songs within that playlist), then move on a few tracks (which come up randomly from within the playlist as expected) and then turn Shuffle off. Playback then continues in the correct Playlist-defined order.

Andre

As you say you have all your music neatly sorted into folders, can you use Folders playback mode? That's what I do, and when I play music in shuffle mode, and then turn it off to carry on listening to more tracks in the current album, it works fine.

I've just tried what you mentioned and that seems to work too. i.e. start playing from a Playlist, then I opt for Shuffle Songs mode (which shuffles songs within that playlist), then move on a few tracks (which come up randomly from within the playlist as expected) and then turn Shuffle off. Playback then continues in the correct Playlist-defined order.

Andre

Thanks. That's what I did, even to the point of adding a new playlist and adding files to it from folder view. More often than not, I like to work with folders, more than libraries, as I feel I can control the hierarchy much better.  

I've just totally uninstalled Poweramp, and wiped my 64GB SD card.  Currently transferring the 30GB+ of music back so I'll let you know how I get on.  What you've suggested is what I currently already do I believe but like I say, I'll try again with a fresh installation and let you know.  Are there any options that you'd recommend I select?

Sounds very odd. As long has you have started playback from Folders mode in the first place (rather than Library > Songs) then dropping out of any Shuffle mode (which I assume you are doing by pressing the icon in the lower-right of the album art, yes?) should simply revert to the regular playback order. That's what happens for me anyway.

When you say it goes back to Songs playback order, what play-mode icon is shown just to the left of the song title, the folders symbol or the All Songs one (a treble clef icon) ?

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds very odd. As long has you have started playback from Folders mode in the first place (rather than Library > Songs) then dropping out of any Shuffle mode (which I assume you are doing by pressing the icon in the lower-right of the album art, yes?) should simply revert to the regular playback order. That's what happens for me anyway.

When you say it goes back to Songs playback order, what play-mode icon is shown just to the left of the song title, the folders symbol or the All Songs one (a treble clef icon) ?

Andre

Hi Andrew

Hope you can help me, i am almost in the same boat. i always play music from my folder. Now once i have stopped listening by pausing the current track. After a while if i start again via my bluetooth headset, Poweramp goes back to the top of the libray list. Please i request you to help me in this. I have a samsung galxy note 3 n9005. The only reason i use power amp is it works flawlessly with viper4andoid audio effects.

It should continue from where it left off after you paused the track, even if you exit the app and return again later. Does this happen if the Bluetooth headset stays connected in the meantime, or only if you disconnect and reconnect the headset?

Andre

it doesn't happen as long as the BT is connected. as soon as i disconnect the Bluetooth headset, the list goes back to the top of the library list. Also i have noticed that after sometime if i go back to the app and i select a folder no songs appear and i see scanning is in progress. i have turned off all auto scan so not sure why is this happening

Archived