Problem with Albums Display

oxossi100

Dear Sirs, recently unbeknownst to me Poweramp upgraded to version 2.0.9-build-564.  The new version displays albums for a particular artist as icons where, if it were available, the picture for the front cover appears.  It is a very pretty display however for me it poses the following problem:  My favorite type of music is classical and as you may know some classical albums have rather long names.  With the new albums display format it is only possible to see the first 12 or so letters of the album name.  It would be nice if through a long press the full name of the album would be temporarily visible, sort of like a long press on a song name will give you the option to look at and possibly edit the song tags.  Something similar should be available for the album names.  for example, I have a series of albums with all of Bach's keyboard concertos, but the album name is displayed like this:  Bach Keyboard C........   And the number of the concertos for that particular album are not visible. So to see which concertos this particular album contains I have to choose to play the album and then check the individual songs on that album.  This is rather cumbersome.  I think it would be really easy for the full name of the album to appear with a long press of the album icon.    

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it has been three weeks since I made this post Initially and there is no response from the developers.  It is still a pain in the but choosing an album from several that have the same initial name, for example "Beethoven symphony No...... and there are 9 symphonies possibly 2 per album and not necessarily in order.  So you  can see how frustrating it can get.  It would be a very simple addition to the program:  long press on an album name (or song name for that matter) produces an option such as: "Show full title" among others

Thanks for the feature request (this doesn't seem like a bug). The problem is that we have just no enough space there to show longer artist/album names. This can be only resolved by using some additional view type, and we're planning such - sort of cards view (large detailed cards per album or artist or other entity).

Currently full labels are visible only under Info/Tags.

Archived