Save Album Art

hedeon

Hi.

Simply because your Power Amp is very accurate to download album covers ( it has found many many covers for polish albums, no other software could find) I would suggest you to add ability to save downloaded covers into folder or file tag. I think it should be pretty simple to do, and could turn your player in album art downloader.

P.S. Thank you, app is marvellous.

Thanks for the feedback/request.

Album art images are saved to sdcard/Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/album_art, though yes, option to save directly into song's folder may be useful - I'll think about that.

As for embeding into the song itself, it won't work for auto downloader as album art is per album, which can contain many songs, and re-writing 4-6mb of typical song multiply to 15 songs of typical album will cause issues on typical android phone (sound skipping) as such skips already can appear when about 100kb of data is saved to flash, esp. on Samsungs.

• 3 years later...

Thanks for the feedback/request.

Album art images are saved to sdcard/Android/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/album_art, though yes, option to save directly into song's folder may be useful - I'll think about that.

As for embeding into the song itself, it won't work for auto downloader as album art is per album, which can contain many songs, and re-writing 4-6mb of typical song multiply to 15 songs of typical album will cause issues on typical android phone (sound skipping) as such skips already can appear when about 100kb of data is saved to flash, esp. on Samsungs.

Notice that the path mentioned is "sdcard/Android/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/album_art" not /sdcard/Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/album_art/ ... that was driving me nut. Thank you I found the folder now :)

• 5 years later...
On 2/2/2011 at 7:42 PM, admin said:

(...)Album art images are saved to sdcard/Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/album_art, though yes, option to save directly into song's folder may be useful - I'll think about that.(...)

I am new to Poweramp. Since your post in 2011, has there been developed a method to save album art images directly into the song's folder? That would be very useful because I sync my music folder with my computer where the images could be also displayed by my computer music player.

Best regards!

55 minutes ago, Yukusoona said:

I am new to Poweramp. Since your post in 2011, has there been developed a method to save album art images directly into the song's folder?

No, that idea never went anywhere, sorry. I suspect it will become less likely with further Android updates too,  as write-access to storage areas becomes more convoluted with each new release.  

Andre

Archived