Equalizer by Genre

bsg75

Hi.

I have never understood why no player has implemented this (that I am aware of). If you can read genre from meta data, and you have custom and preset equalizer settings, I think it would be great if we could set the equalizer to change with each song based on the meta data genre. It would just have to read the meta data and change the equalizer before the song begins to play. A default genre could be used for any track that falls though the track (missing meta data or an odd genre). I shuffle through electronica, alternative, classical, classic rock and other stuff.

I didn't see it mentioned in the "todo" list of features.

I got today's build that says you can set the genre for each track, but I have not figured out how to do that, plus that seems like a lot of work.

Thanks for the request.

This will be possible when PowerAMP custom library will be implemented (in PowerAMP v2.0). For PowerAMP 1 implementing per genre/artist/album etc presets is possible, but it will require too much queries to db per Library song played, introducing gaps and adding more overhead to the phone.

Archived