interruptions while playback via Bluetooth

I'm using Poweramp on my car and home Stereo via Bluetooth. In the beginning everything worked fine but for a couple of days now the Music is in te rr u pt in g after a couple of minutes of playback. Very annoying and certainly what I don't need when I should concentrate on the traffic. I tried to adjust the settings like audio buffer or thread priority (which I never changed before) but no change. I shut down all apps before entering the car, tried with or without Internet connection - no result. I did not install any new application (maybe updates). I have no idea what else to do. Anybody got any idea or the same problem?

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3, Poweramp 2.0.9-build-558-play

Ihave the same problem with my car radio only and Poweramp, music stop for a second or two and restart. This continue unless I skip to other song. I don't have this problem with other player (stock) or if I use a bluetooth speaker at home.

I think this as started since my last update to kitkat. It was working flawlessly before that. I have try to play with all setting but never found a solution.

Both, usually it's start once the screen is off, but even after the screen go one it's still continue. I'm guessing thw car stereo sending command to the device.

Also displaying the length of the song is all screw up since last OS update (or Poweramp update).

Yesterday I think I narrow when this occur. While playing with the application and car radio, I find out that I was able to reproduce the issue each time I touch the volume button of the car. Poweramp start to stop and replay song until I skip to next song. It the volume button and same problem, screen on or off. Playing with the volume button on the phone don't affect the music.

Again this is with my car radio only and Poweramp, Poweramp with other Bluetooth connection at home don't do that and other music play in the car don'T do that either.

• 2 weeks later...

I get the same thing.  The app works fine if I'm listening through my headphones but has stuttering issues in my car.  Haven't pinpointed it down at all.  On my way home today I tried turning off my "location" to see if that had an impact and I still had stuttering problems.  I turned that back on and pulled up OSMonitor to see if I could find a program hogging up too much CPU but I didn't see anything obvious and it was still stuttering while doing that.  I then exited OSMonitor and then brought Poweramp up as the foreground app and didn't have trouble the next 10 minutes of my drive home.  The screen turned off after a minute or so.  I'll try different things over the next few days to see if I can pinpoint anything that might trigger it.

After playing around with a few things it appears that having my phone plugged in to my car USB adapter is preventing the unwanted stuttering. I don't know why that would do it but that has been working for me for a few days now.

• 5 months later...

I'm using Poweramp on my car and home Stereo via Bluetooth. In the beginning everything worked fine but for a couple of days now the Music is in te rr u pt in g after a couple of minutes of playback. Very annoying and certainly what I don't need when I should concentrate on the traffic. I tried to adjust the settings like audio buffer or thread priority (which I never changed before) but no change. I shut down all apps before entering the car, tried with or without Internet connection - no result. I did not install any new application (maybe updates). I have no idea what else to do. Anybody got any idea or the same problem?

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3, Poweramp 2.0.9-build-558-play

Same thing happens to me.

http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/7176-erratic-bluetooth-behavior-with-sony-mex-bt31pw-car-stereo-cd-receiver/

How long are the interruptions - short blips/clips/gaps, or longer spaces? Also, does this problem happen equally if your device screen is on or off?

Andre

a few seconds, not very long.

Same question, does this only happen to you when the device screen is OFF, or do you also get these glitches while the Poweramp player screen is displayed?

Andre

When the screen is off.

Archived