Select albums and tracks with Bluetooth car?

sebaz

Hello, I just got a Ford Focus which has a good looking but poor sounding stereo, as most factory stereos are. The only way to make it sound better is by connecting my phone by Bluetooth and using Poweramp, which is an excellent player, especially because of the tone and EQ controls.

But I hate fiddling with the phone while I'm driving, so I was wondering if Poweramp supports choosing the album and track over Bluetooth or not. With the car stereo, if I choose USB instead of Bluetooth, I can use the arrow and OK buttons to select albums and tracks, but when I use Poweramp I can only do two things, pause and play by turning the stereo off or on.

So because Poweramp has these great sound controls that improve a lot the sound quality on this factory stereo, I'm going to use Poweramp exclusively, but it would be great if there was a way to also control the albums and tracks without having to grab the phone.

Thanks

Now, I don't suppose that Poweramp in the future will somehow show the artist and song on the display as it does when connecting through USB and playing files through the car stereo, right? It seems to me that it's not a feature my car would allow because when I select Bluetooth, it says "Bluetooth streaming" and nothing else.

Archived