Poweramp doesn't work - No songs found, no matter what I do

Yep, doesn't work - at all. All my songs are on the SD card (3.5 gbs). They are all standard mp3 format. Old app versions worked fine. SD card is not a problem, it works as it should, I even tried reformatting it - nothing.

All other players I have tried do not have this problem.

This is my device info - Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 with stock android 4.4.2 :

http://i61.tinypic.com/zo6oft.png

This is my Poweramp info - version 2.0.9. build 558 :

http://i57.tinypic.com/10dts1x.png

I tried ALL options in Settings -> Folders and Library, nothing worked!

I touch Rescan - nothing.

I touch Full Rescan - nothing.

I touch Music Folders - nothing, it just runs forever (I left it like that for 40 mins) and doesn't display any folders for me to select. It looks like this:

http://i58.tinypic.com/5odwk7.png

I touch Auto-Find Music folders - nothing. Like with Music Folders option, it runs forever and doesn't find anything! It looks like this:

http://i57.tinypic.com/9i6auf.png

It does not matter if I check or uncheck 'Also import missing System Library playlists' option. Tried both.

As you can imagine, app is unusable this way. Please help me fix this.

Thx

The problem will be in Music Folders somehow, the scan to find the folder tree is taking far too long.

What happens if you remove the memory card, do you then see a Music Folders list (but for the phone only)? What size of card is it, could you temporarily try a smaller card and see if it is then able to find the folder structure? I don't think the format type makes a difference, but worth checking anyway.

Andre

Hello Andre,

Music folder structure is simple as it gets :D Folder called Music, and a bunch of mp3s inside. Memory card is Samsung 16gb, class 10 - nothing special. All other apps are able to access, write and delete from SC card.

I removed SD card while the phone is on, put it back in and nothing happened in Poweramp. Then I tried something else. I wiped cache and data for Poweramp and started it again.

It found all my songs on sd card and showed it, but everything is double. I have songs 1, 1, 2, 2, etc. Problem is, it doesn't add new songs if I put them on sd card. I have to wipe cache and data, activate Poweramp again, then put back aaaall my settings again. Plus, Music Folders still doesn't work, even though the app found all the songs....

I have no doubles on my sd card and I have checked the option in Poweramp not to add duplicates, it didn't help. I really don't think it is an sd card problem. I tried another one, also Samsung, class 10, but 8 & 32 gbs size. Same result.

The doubles are almost certainly caused by an issue with Android where the top level of the card can appear as two different virtual file systems on your device. If you can now get into the Folders & Library > Music Folders menu, just deselect any duplicates. See http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/323524-duplicated-folders-songs.

Personally, I do it the other way around and only select the specific folder I want (saves scanning stuff I don't ever want checked).

The "don't add duplicates" option relates to adding songs to Playlists, not the overall Library.

Andre

Link edited (a fullstop got stuck on the end of it). I wondered if having cleared the date/cache and got music loaded you could now get into the Music Folders list.

Otherwise we'll need to wait for Max (the developer) on this one. Please can you also log a bug report from within the Get Support > Contact option in the app, as that gets quicker attention than these forums.

Andre

having the same issue myself. Used to work fine but now no longer works.

Had an issue with spotify (could not see sd, no matter what I did) resulting in me having to reformat my micro sd card and resetting to factory settings. 

I reinstalled everything and set same directory structure as previously on micro sd. all other apps work flawlessly but Poweramp just sits loading forever when I try and select folders (as by default it sees my music but also bundles in sound clips from games etc) and now that I cant select which folders to use I have all these extras to wade through.

I've tried clearing data from within settings, click clear cache and nothing happens, try uninstall from within settings and it sits for ages uninstalling and causing the occasional reboot but it does uninstall from play store eventually.

I have tried reinstalling but nothing......

I really want to avoid having to clear the whole phone again if possible.

but for now will just have to use bundled sammy player and spotify to soothe my ears with sweet tunes......

hope someone finds a way to sort this

I'm having related issues where songs are not syncing and playlists are not being updated as expected. The playlists show and play ok in Apollo, but not in Poweramp. That suggests a problem with Poweramp.

I've actually had all kinds of playlist issues for quite a while and have been giving Poweramp the benefit of the doubt (partly because I paid for it). But my patience is wearing a bit. I hope they get it fixed up soon so it works more reliably. It has good features, but just doesn't seem to work quite right in some areas. And, of course, playlists are a big big deal. :(

Archived