Poweramp KitKat

Poweramp is my favorite music app on Android and it's been working great for so long. Recently however, after updating my Galaxy Tab to KitKat, the bluetooth connection between my car and my tablet has gone wrong. When I select the songs for playing through my car's audio, it ends up just playing on my tablet speakers. I've tried disconnecting, reconnecting, removing the device from my bluetooth list and then re-pairing it. Just doesn't work. It worked great before on Jelly Bean. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Poweramp is my favorite music app on Android and it's been working great for so long. Recently however, after updating my Galaxy Tab to KitKat, the bluetooth connection between my car and my tablet has gone wrong. When I select the songs for playing through my car's audio, it ends up just playing on my tablet speakers. I've tried disconnecting, reconnecting, removing the device from my bluetooth list and then re-pairing it. Just doesn't work. It worked great before on Jelly Bean. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

ajabhi95,

I have had this problem as well. Try going into bluetooth, click the settings icon for your bluetooth device, and choose only media audio (make sure phone audio is unchecked) - it should then work. 

Additionally, if you are rooted and use Tasker you can fix this problem automatically and continue to use phone and media audio. 

You will need to setup a Profile when State -> BT connected. When this profile is activated, run a task that Sets Bluetooth Voice Off and then Bluetooth Voice On. You may need to add a 500ms delay in between these two actions run. Please let me know if you have any other questions and if this works. 

Thanks!

Archived