Poweramp Database Missing Song

Poweramp is so random for me that it's confusing. Sometimes it finds all my songs, sometimes it doesn't. And nothing is more frustrating than watching it calculate 12118 songs then drop to 9815 upon completion of the scan right afterwards. I am using LiquidSmooth 4.4.4 and every other music app has no issues with my songs. What's killing me most is how much I love this app, the fact that I paid for it and it's the only app that doesn't work right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's killing me most is how much I love this app, the fact that I paid for it and it's the only app that doesn't work right.

Yeah, it's making me glad I stuck with the free trial.  If I can get this issue resolved, I will happily buy it, but until then, Rocket Player is working adequately for my purposes.

Thanks for the files. The m3us looks OK and the Music.zip loads ok as well for us.

Let me describe how exactly Poweramp resolves m3u and other file based playlists:
1. Poweramp finds and parses m3u file (_if_ the file found during scan, i.e. m3u file is located in Settings / Folders and Library / Music Folders checked folders)
2. When you open playlist for first time, Poweramp tries to match entries from the playlist VS Poweramp known songs (i.e. songs strictly from
Settings / Folders and Library / Music Folders checked folders)
3. Poweramp uses ONLY last folder and file name to resolve the song. This is due to the most m3u or other playlists containing absolute path (in the wild), like c:\my music\my artist\my song.mp3. Of course, Android device has no c:\ and most probably, the full pass makes no sense at all on the device.

Example:
m3u entry:
..\Celtic Woman\The Greatest Journey- Essential Collection\18 Spanish Lady (Live From Slane Castle).mp3

Poweramp looks for 18 Spanish Lady (Live From Slane Castle).mp3 located in folder The Greatest Journey- Essential Collection
..\ and Celtic Woman are ignored.

===

So, in your case most probably, the actual source of music files (The Greatest Journey- Essential Collection folder) is not visible to Poweramp, because it's not checked in Settings / .. / Music Folders.
I would recommend checking top-most Music folder there, hit the Full Rescan option in Settings / Folders and Library once to ensure it scanned everything properly and try to open the m3u.
===

In the next iteration over playlist functionality (Poweramp v3), we do the following change to this logic:

- Poweramp will also always look and show playlist tracks for files with relative paths OR by last folder/file path even if files are not in Poweramp database / music folders

Thanks!

Archived