license check constantly fails

I have a wifi only device that I use to listen to my tunes on my bus ride to work, every morning before I leave the house I log into my wifi then start Poweramp, it varifies the license, and lets me listen to my music, then halfway to work it tries to verify again and locks me out of Poweramp, this is frustraiting as I have no wifi on the bus, and I have lagitimatly purchased the unlocker from google play, is there any posible fix for this, I wouuld even be fine if I had to chek it once a day, but once every 2 hours seems a bit extreme... pissed

It shouldn't ask to re-authenticate so soon, as long as the first one passed. (It should be checked within a day of installing the app)

In fact, assuming the first one passed OK, then it shouldn't need to re-check the license at all (unless you uninstall/reinstall app, install new ROMs, reset the system, etc)

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem here! I'm not usually online with the phone, especially not if there's no wifi (saving money & battery), and Poweramp stops playback due to licence check failure.

Today, it's even worse: I was even logged into the wifi at work for the whole day. Just now, Poweramp stopped working ("to many titles failed, playback will be stopped now").

Please, fix this asap. I like Poweramp very much, but any badly working free software is better than a pay software that's not working!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been haveing this problem for about 6 months or more.  Purchased Poweramp through play store and it NEVER verified.  after 5 months of uninstalling and reinstalling to get it to play, I uninstalled it and purchased Poweramp through the website thinking that the license issue was a play store problem.  No change.  Poweramp fails verification every time I try.  Then it locks me out.  Uninstall reinstall same problem. 

When I try to work with support via email they tell me to use the "contact support" button to send them diagnostic information.  EVERY time I try the "contact support" method in Poweramp I get: "There was an error connecting to UserVoice".  The cool part is when I emailed support to advise them of that problem they ended up telling me to use the "contact support" method in Poweramp to send them diagnostic information on why every time I use "contact support" I get: "There was an error connecting to UserVoice". 

I have now paid for this app twice and feel like the folks at Poweramp are just blowing me off.

Poweramp has very relaxed license checking code, thus, it in fact allows usage even without fully verified license. Still, it will warn about license time to time.

In your case I guess it has been never verified due to the one of the well known possible issues with license checking.

As you're getting "There was an error connecting to UserVoice" - you have no stable internet connection on your device (at least at the moment you're opening it), or, e.g. Poweramp is blocked from accessing internet (via any firewalls or things like XPrivacy).

I would suggest checking this article, which covers 99.9% of the issues - http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/323551-google-play-response-error-contacting-server

Thanks!

Archived