Music Folder Location not Accessible by Poweramp

clarenceb5

First off this is my first post in this forum but I have been using Poweramp for a while now without any issues until now I have run into a small problem that I hope can be resolved.

So basically the topic title says exactly what my issue is, I have mp3 music files stored on my rooted Nexus 5 device in a location that is not accessible to Poweramp.  The location is accessible using a file manager such as ES File Explorer but Poweramp does not allow navigation to the location.

Is there a way to force the path in Poweramp?

Thanks.

And thanks for the best music player app available for android.

• 4 months later...

How do you set up a 'virtual path'? I have a similar situation whereby PA music folder selection doesn't appear to extend to locations on the network - my NAS, for example.

You said "...copy your music into a more logical location (in a folder at the root level of your SD Card for example)?...".

Are you seriously suggesting that a potentially huge music collection is more logically located on a mobile device as opposed to a NAS, for example?

Poweramp is really only ideally suited for playback of locally indexed files on the device at the moment, not cloud or NAS storage. However if you can create a virtual folder on your device, which maps to the external device, you may be able to achieve what you want. CifsManager would be a good app to try.

Andre

How do you set up a 'virtual path'? I have a similar situation whereby PA music folder selection doesn't appear to extend to locations on the network - my NAS, for example.

You said "...copy your music into a more logical location (in a folder at the root level of your SD Card for example)?...".

Are you seriously suggesting that a potentially huge music collection is more logically located on a mobile device as opposed to a NAS, for example?

um yes? for serveral reason, for once data volume is more than limited in most places and snd it takes a lot less of the akku of the phone then being allways connected to WWW.

Archived