Cover Image Distortion [Paid Version]

Cover art that is not square gets stretched out when browsing albums etc., distorting the ratio. e.g. a 400x600 cover art image gets warped into 400x400. This problem isn't in the player interface (the one with the colorful background), where it IS in its original ratio.

How can I fix the album distortion? It's really off-putting... Half of my music collection has cover images that are rectangular.

PS: On Samsung Galaxy S4, Android.

That's great... x_x Guess I'm stuck with deformed cover art lol.

I hope "stupid problems" wasn't referring to mine tbh. I'm not cutting off an artist's face or title 200 times to avoid them looking like aliens in the music library of an app I paid for, when obviously it would be an easy fix (& there's no deformation in the actual play screen). Maybe there's a setting or theme someone knows about to fix this...

A lot of album art's like this. Now imagine that stretched horizontally by 300%. Appealing. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, we can't reproduce this issue on latest Poweramp builds. 

If you can, please send us your track with such improperly scaled album art (or album art itself, if it's separate jpeg) to poweramp.maxmpz gmail.com, your device model and ROM version, Poweramp build you're using.

Thanks!

If you are talking about the thumbnails shown in the top-level Folders view, then I see the same result on my Note 3 with build 555 - all of the artwork displayed to the left of the folder title is always shown stretched to fill the square box, rather than using any original rectangular ratios. When you drill down to see the folder's contents, the same image (now shown at the top-left) is now shown at the correct ratio.

Andre

Archived