Stopping Poweramp?

bevhoward

Is there any way to "turn off" Poweramp when I am not using it?

I don't use it that often but I do use a number of other audio programs such as podcasters and it seems that almost every time I use another audio app, at some point Poweramp starts playing the music files that I have stored on the device by itself.

One thing that seems to regularly "trigger" Poweramp to start by itself is when plugging or unplugging a headset into the device.

It's a great app and paid for, but at this point, I'm considering uninstalling it so that I don't have to constantly deal with this behaviour.

I've tried everthing I can think of, including killing the Poweramp process using advanced task manager, but Poweramp always seems to reload itself... if not immediately, eventually.

Any help and tips would be appreciated,

Beverly Howard

Google Nexus 7 and Nexus 4 both running Kitkat 4.4.2 with the same problem on both devices.

The answer to your question is yes, although I did not find them until after I posted the question... here's hoping.

Another addendum to your response.  Those settings were _not_ in settings when I purchased Poweramp, so, know that those options may not be obvious to users who did check the settings in search of a solution...  In my case, I just lived with the problem after checking but with increased use of other audio programs, the problem escalated... probably because of the inclusion of the option as part of an update with the defaults set to enable the jack sensor.

Beverly Howard

That is one of the difficulties with new features and options getting added to software via incremental updates, existing users can sometimes not notice they are there. A whole version update, with everything new at once, tends to make people look through the new features more closely.

Those options have been there for at least a year or two though I think. I'm glad your problem is resolved anyway.

Andre

Archived