Not working without internet-connection?

hjk1960

Hi,

I have used the trial, this was a very good experience, for sure a very good player. :)

Now I read at some places, that the player (Full Version Unlocker) does not work, when I´m not connected to internet.

Is this true?

I have PA on an old smartphone that is no longer a phone (just use it as a music server). I downloaded and registered using wif. After I had used PA for a day or two (without wifi) PA said it was not legal. I turned the phone off, found a hotspot, turned the phone and wifi on; then started the player. PA checked the registration and I have been good to go ever since. I just now turned the phone off and on and started PA as a test and it says Full Version.

It does check initially, yes. However once it's done that verification (within 48 hours of purchase I believe) then you should be good to go as long as you don't do anything extreme like upgrading ROMs, re-installing the app from scratch, etc (when you'll need to reconnect to the internet one more time). However sometimes the Google system can ask for a re-check, so buying the email-linked version from the Poweramp site might be a better option for you.

Andre

so buying the email-linked version from the Poweramp site might be a better option for you.

Too late, I could not wait.... :)

I now have bought the version from playstore, but if it works for a few hours without connection, it is o.k. for me.

Thank you for the information!

Internet connection is not required for normal operation.
Internet connection is required for a short time after Poweramp purchase.

Poweramp (main app):
- uses optional Internet connection for Album art downloading, and Support.

Poweramp Unlocker:
- for Play purchase license is checked via Internet in first 24 hours after Unlocker installation and Poweramp next start, and if the Google Play Store check is successful, then it's never checked again, unless Poweramp is reinstalled, system is reset, or ROM is updated

- for Website purchase, license is checked via Internet once after Unlocker installation and Poweramp next start, and if the check is successful, then it's never checked again, unless Poweramp is reinstalled, system is reset, or ROM is updated

If license check is failed, Poweramp will try to check it until it fails completely in few attempts.

Thanks

Archived