Songs taking long time to load on GS3

I have a Galaxy S3 and use an iBolt car dock.  When I select a new album to play it takes a very long time for the song to load.  Once the album loads it will play fine from one song to the next.  It only seems to happen when I load a new album.  Sometimes it takes a good 2 to 3 minutes to load.  While it is loading it will show blank cover art or will show the album art of the previous song until the next one loads.  It seems like this only started happening with the recent android update to 4.3.

• Poweramp version and build number: 2.0.9-build-552-play (Full Version)
  • Your device model: Samsung Galaxy S3
  • Your Android version: 4.3

We never experienced that. Also, Poweramp doesn't load albums, it doesn't even load the song (only few first kbs are read to start it). Still, if you have ultra large tag / album art, this can slow down song loading a bit (1ms becomes few dozens ms). On very old devices it was noticeable, not on S3.

Actually, it seems like sd card issue. Have you tried songs form internal memory?

Can you send us this album/tracks for tests anyway?

Thanks!

Just saw that I got a reply on this.  I will transfer some songs to the internal memory and report back.  It's not particular album or tracks that it happens on.  It just seems to be every time I change to a new album.  

My order of events usually goes: I get in the car and put my phone on the dock.  When I load up Poweramp, it displays the player and the last track I was listening to.  I then go select a new album to listen to.  When I tap on the first track of the album, it switches back to the player.  At this point it either displays the album cover a blank or the album cover of the previous song I was listening to (It also displays the track title of the previous song I was listening to).  About 2 minutes later it will show the new album art and start playing the new track.  I now realize this occurs if I take my phone off the dock, put it back on the dock and then try to resume listening to the same track as when I took it off the dock.  So maybe it's not just an issue with switching to a new album.

Archived