Volume Control with Swipe Up/Down

There should be an option to control what the gesture interfase does. Currently swiping right/left can either change the track or be turned off and swiping up/down can either go to the next folder/list or be turned off.

It would be very nice to have options for what these do. For example, I have Poweramp in an android-based car stereo unit and it has no knobs or anything, so I have to tap the volume menu button, and then select the volume. In other players I tried, it was possible to adjust the volume up/down with a swipe gesture, but Poweramp is very limited to predefined options or nothing.

What do you think, devs? Easy?

That'd be a great idea. There are already control buttons for next/prev track and next/prev album anyway, so it'd be nice to be able to reassign the duplicated artwork-swipe feature to other actions.

I have wanted for ages to have a skip feature (e.g. back 10 seconds, or forward 30 secs) for easier navigation through long tracks, and a left/right swipe function (as an option) would be a perfect way to handle that - especially when I'm driving, which is when I tend to want it most.

What do you think Max, is this something worth considering? Could be a very versatile feature.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

When i run, i keep my phone on a hand-whatever and with it screen on. I use sennheizer px-200 headphones without any control buttons, so yeah, volume control by swiping up and down would be quite handy! 

I use your player since nokia's symbian and nowdays i use beta developer version, which has fancy visualisation and its great! Keep up the good work!

Archived