• 2 weeks later...

Same problem with the latest build (v2.0.9 build 554) of Poweramp on Sony Xperia Z1, android version 4.4.2, buikd 14.3.A.0.681,

Details: when playing a track stop button (or advance buttons) become irresponsive for several seconds or more; the headset button is also irresponsive. This issue does not occur all the time, but after Poweramp has been active for some time. The "tread priority" is reset to "Normal" and "buffer size" to "default" - no change.

I (and other users) have reported the same problem half-year ago with my older samsung galaxy (and other hardware). Since I have not got a single response from developers, the only viable option was to downgrade one version back, which I have done today as well, as soon as the problem re-occured, and I saw this topic again.

So, for anyone who experience the irresponsive buttons problem:

0. You can fix the problem by downgrading a version back

1. Unless you are using some custom installer, you will have to de-install the current version first, which will cost you all your settings and playlists, unless you back it up manually, and then try to copy back

2. You can download earlier version, v2.0.9-build539, from various sources on the internet, caveat emptor

3. When installing, you must first allow installation from other sources in security settings

4. After you go through all of the above pain, do not forget to disable automated updates of Poweramp in the playstore app - otherwise all your efforts will be in wain

... alternatively, you can wait for another eternity for your problem to be addressed by developers...

Archived