HTC One & Kit-Kat - Crossfade results in Brief Audio Dropout

Poweramp v2.0.9-build-550 {registered}

HTC One 32GB, Android 4.4.2

With 'crossfade' enabled, there is a brief, but annoying, single dip in volume just after every new track begins playback.

Tried, without any success, your suggestions on buffer size, priority, & disabling 'beats' - in all combinations.

I could disable 'crossfade', but really like to use and enjoy this Poweramp facility.

However, during testing, I discovered that the problem disappears when 'Direct Volume Control' is disabled,

and although the sound quality deteriorates markedly, no other setting appears to cause the problem to reappear?

Yep word for word I have this exact same problem with my HTC One.  Worth noting I'm using the Google Play Edition ROM - not sure if HTC's Sense ROM would be any different?

Same goes for me; buffer, priority and Beats all have no effect on the issue, but disabling DVC yields immediate results.  Unfortunately DVC disabled isn't really a great solution - as I use my own Tone settings (which don't work half as well without DVC).

Any chance of having this issue looked into please?  :)

Yup seems to have fixed it!  Thanks Max!

Odd question though - I had to get build-552 from powerampapp.com and side load the apk.  Google Play is saying Poweramp v2.0.9-build-550 is the most up to date version.  Not quite sure why the mismatch?

Archived