I Turn Off Enable Android Lock Screen But You Keep Turning It Back On

I Turn Off Enable Android Lock Screen But You Keep Turning It Back On. I want to be able to see my time and date on my lock screen but every time I turn off the option for enable android lock screen, you guys go behind my back and turn it back on. This is my smartphone, not your smartphone, quit turning back on the settings that I turn off.

• 2 weeks later...

Does the option reactivate itself within the Poweramp settings menu, or does it stay unticked but you still see the lockscreen controls anyway? Have you unticked all of the options in the Lock Screen menu, or just the top one?

Otherwise, a bit more information about your device and setup would be useful...

Andre

In Android APIs, there is no separate "lock screen" API, this is single API, which is called (for now) RemoteControlClient API.

It handles info sent to:

- lock screen

- bluetooth

- some other 3rd party consumers

and it handles controls for:

- lock screen

- bluetooth

- wired headset.

So all those options are dependent on each other and some of them can't be separately disabled (this is starting from ICS, previously it was possible).

We may rearrange options so it more directly reflects this Android behavior.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the late response.

Does the option reactivate itself within the Poweramp settings menu, or does it stay unticked but you still see the lockscreen controls anyway? Have you unticked all of the options in the Lock Screen menu, or just the top one?

Otherwise, a bit more information about your device and setup would be useful...

Andre

The settings keeps reactivating itself whenever Poweramp is updated through the Google Play store so turned off auto-update apps in Google Play and I haven't updated Poweramp since March or April so that I don't have to keep unchecking the box every couple of days.  No, I haven't unchecked all of the lock screen options, I use the "Poweramp Lock Screen" (Poweramp will display its lock screen if music is playing).  
Screenshot_2014-06-26-13-48-38_zpse448ca

Screenshot_2014-06-26-13-49-10_zpsf43209

I don't use the "Android Lock Screen/Enable Android Lock Screen" option (Android lock screen controls for Poweramp), I have a custom name on that screen and I want to be able to see the date and time, not have a Poweramp screen controls covering up my date and time and then I would have to unlock my phone and go to my calendar app to find out that date it is.

Screenshot_2014-06-26-13-49-40_zps7063de

In Android APIs, there is no separate "lock screen" API, this is single API, which is called (for now) RemoteControlClient API.

It handles info sent to:

- lock screen

- bluetooth

- lock screen

- bluetooth

- wired headset.

So all those options are dependent on each other and some of them can't be separately disabled (this is starting from ICS, previously it was possible).

Thanks!

Thank you.

It handles info sent to:

- lock screen

- bluetooth

- lock screen

- bluetooth

- wired headset.

Thanks!

I don't use bluetooth and those other options.  Poweramp does not have to turn on these settings by default because I don't want a 3rd party app changing my default Android settings without telling me beforehand first and letting me either approve or disapprove the changes to the settings to my own phone.  

I don't want a 3rd party app deciding on its own to just decide for their users to "turn on a setting" and therefore make a "change to a user's smartphone's basic settings" like being able to view what time and day of the week and date it is and not having it replaced by a 3rd party's widget/lock screen.  That is an option that should be asked for approval or disapproval, just not changed by the 3rd party app under installation of the app or updating the app.

• 1 month later...

Archived