Problem with getting Poweramp to play several albums in order

Hippie_Of_Death

Hey!

I've been trying Poweramp for a couple days now and I have a little problem:

I want to listen to various albums from the same artist in tracklist order (say, I have King Crimson's Discipline and Red, and want them to play from begining to end in tracklist order) but instead I get shuffled tracks froms the albums that I selected...  I feel I'm missing something here hahahaha

Thanks guys!

Hey!

I've been trying Poweramp for a couple days now and I have a little problem:

I want to listen to various albums from the same artist in tracklist order (say, I have King Crimson's Discipline and Red, and want them to play from begining to end in tracklist order) but instead I get shuffled tracks froms the albums that I selected...  I feel I'm missing something here hahahaha

Thanks guys!

When you are viewing the list of the songs you want to play, hit menu>list options>sort by year.

This will only work if the albums have the year tag.

Are you saying that you want to listen to several albums in chronological release order (1990, 1991, 1992, etc) but playing each one in their regular track order (1, 2, 3...)?

When I need to do this for any artist for whom I have multiple albums, I just create the folder names with the year included at the beginning of the name, and sort my lists by Folder order. e.g. folders might be named as follows:

1984 Man on the Line

1986 Into the Light

1988 Flying Colours

I do the same with tracks within album folders by the way, using the track number for the first two digits of the filename.

PA still displays the proper album and track titles within its lists and on the player screen (all taken from ID3 tags) so I don't see my extra numbering details within the PA interface itself, just when using a file explorer.

Also (while we are talking about ways to force ordering) I have my top-level genre folders ordered by number too, which gives another grouping level so my podcasts are always first in my list of folders, then other genres in order with the final one being 'Songs' which contains all my singles and music albums (with artist subfolders, then album subfolders):

10 Podcasts

20 Xmas

30 Films

40 TV

50 Theme Parks

60 Radio

70 Songs

You can layer things as much as you want that way, and have total control over the listing and playback order of all your music. I'm not a big fan of the more Apple-style approach to user control of "don't you worry your little self over these trivial things, let us take care of it our way for you". :)

Andre

Archived