Not scanning folders correctly on cyanogen custom rom

I've been having some issue on Poweramp lately. I've just update to cyanogen mod custom rom lately (I'm using Samsung s3 international version) and since then, Poweramp is not able to scan all music folders on my sdcard. I have tried searching possible solution on this forum but haven't seen any. Can someone help me on this? It has been a pain on the neck.

To provide further details:

Device: Samsung S3 GT-19300

Android Version: 4.4.2

Rom: Fusion (CyanogenMod Version 11)

Kernel: Boeffla

I have tried the following:

- deleting .nomedia file on the root folder  

- clear cache at media scanner (which I find rather irrelevant since Poweramp has it's own media scanner (?) )

- reformatting my 64gb sd card and re-uploading music files.

- clear davlik, fix permission, delete cache

- reinstall Poweramp

- disable auto-scan

- properly select music folder

All of which did not help with my problem.

What exactly folders are not scanned? Do you see them in Music Folders settings? What are the formats of those files?

Thanks!

I have one music folder with mp3, flac, mp4 inside. Usually it's sorted by album in a subfolder inside. When scanning, I make sure the root music folder is selected. 

seven7

As you on CM, you probably have root. Can you please contact me via poweramp.maxmpz gmail.com to help to investigate? This is some broken file which causes failure in Poweramp file scanner. We don't have this issue for our over 100Gb music library, but there is always something broken in the wild) So it's matter of identifying this broken file and adding workaround for it.

Thanks!

Archived