• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We installed Xprivacy, tested with Poweramp and added workaround. This is a build which works for us.

Poweramp-build-549-arm-uni

The issue was with extra arguments checking by either Xposed or Xprivacy for that query() method. This is incompatibility with existing Androids, and it hits apps which do such calls from JNI.

Please let us know if it works for you (both in unlocking part and generally, as Xprivacy modifies Android a much).

PS Actually, this sort of things (e.g. ensuring hack/tweak compatibility with 1st and 3rd party apps is a duty of the hack/tweak developers). In this case it was quite easy to add a workaround, some next case/app can be not so lucky.

Thanks!

Works great! Thank you very much! :)

I love PA it's the only music player that can be fully controlled by my BT set ^_^

Thank you very much! This build works perfectly! :D

Btw: If Poweramp stores the activation forever (I've bought it on the website and acivated it BEFORE getting Xposed and XPrivacy), why did Poweramp then suddenly "discard" the activation? I did neither clear its data/cache nor did something similar. :huh:

PS Actually, this sort of things (e.g. ensuring hack/tweak compatibility with 1st and 3rd party apps is a duty of the hack/tweak developers). In this case it was quite easy to add a workaround, some next case/app can be not so lucky.

Thanks!

The developer of xprivacy already debugged this issue and came to the conclusion that the problem is in the way you implemented your verification. Because even with Poweramp being fully unrestricted it still gave that error for no reason whatsoever. Xprivacy just hooked into a function and your app didn't like it even when it was not being restricted. I don't see how this is xprivacy's fault.

And its kind of on your side, because out of the 87 premium apps I have purchased including those that use an unlocker, in-app purchases, or single apk, none of them have an issue with xprivacy when unrestricted, except yours. And I know I'm not the only one seeing this pattern.

I however, thank you for altering the way you check the license. The build you posted worked fine with no license problems.

We installed Xprivacy, tested with Poweramp and added workaround. This is a build which works for us.

Poweramp-build-549-arm-uni

The issue was with extra arguments checking by either Xposed or Xprivacy for that query() method. This is incompatibility with existing Androids, and it hits apps which do such calls from JNI.

Please let us know if it works for you (both in unlocking part and generally, as Xprivacy modifies Android a much).

Thanks!

Hello Max

It's been a long time sence i'v been on your forums. I have not had any problums with Poweramp for 2 years or somthing like that, Untill the Xprivacy lock out thing. When people started complaining about our favorite music player (Poweramp) not working i got upset a bit myself. But i thought i would just give you and your team a week or so before i botherd emailing you & or posting on this forum. I was and still and am prity buzy with school & should be doing homework right now.

Any how the point i am getting at is THANKS for the fast work!

I told people in the other thread on xda that in the past when i first found your app back in 1.x and had communicated with you that you where a grate Dev.

Btw: If Poweramp stores the activation forever (I've bought it on the website and acivated it BEFORE getting Xposed and XPrivacy), why did Poweramp then suddenly "discard" the activation? I did neither clear its data/cache nor did something similar. :huh:

I uninstalled Poweramp/unlocker, deactivated XPrivacy, then re-installed Poweramp/unlocker from the store. Opened Poweramp, and confirmed that it was verified. I then enabled XPrivacy, rebooted, and got the verification error.

I installed the new build 549, but get an error:

Failed to load PowerampSorry, but Poweramp has filed to load some native library.This can happen if:...Please try to reinstall Poweramp

I hit OK on the error, launch Poweramp again, and get a force close. Tried re-downloading and re-installing, same thing.

So build 548 works (without XPrivacy), and 549 crashes.

I am running Overstock ROM (KitKat 4.4.2) on a Nexus 4.

Edit:

I managed to get build 549 working. I had to wipe my Poweramp data and uninstall, then reinstall build 548, and then install build 549 on top of that. Then I could restore my data from Titanium Backup and it seems to be working. Anything else I tried resulted in a Force Close.

We'll try to investigate/add some workaround only if it's possible at all and won't affect negatively our user base (who will probably never use Xprivacy).

BTW, Poweramp checks license shortly after purchase/reinstall and then in caches it forever (until next reinstall/device reset/app data clean up). This means, of you can temporarily disable Xprivacy, unlock, and reenable it.

Thanks!

We are your user base.

Archived