Save SETTINGS feature

klaus6622

This is the first app I bought years ago and I LOVE it!

But every now and then you need to reboot your device.  This is the only app I have that does not go back to the setting you had before reboot.  All other apps seem to remember their state.

Problem is, with all the options and features, it takes weeks to get it back to where it was before the reboot.

PLEASE SAVE THE SETTINGS so that after a reboot I don't have to spend hours trying to remember what I had it set to.

Thanks.

If you have root access, it's possible to save your settings copying the whole folder com.maxmpz.audioplayer  included the important file "folders.db".

I've saved that folder but I never tested restoring it,  I'm shure to do that in the near future.

Path: system(root)/data/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

I don't know if you can find a root-browser for free being able to access to the system folder. I'm using the fx root (file explorer root plus).

If you have root access, it's possible to save your settings copying the whole folder com.maxmpz.audioplayer  included the important file "folders.db".

I've saved that folder but I never tested restoring it,  I'm shure to do that in the near future.

Path: system(root)/data/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

I don't know if you can find a root-browser for free being able to access to the system folder. I'm using the fx root (file explorer root plus).

Yes, I second this - I did it when I was still using PlayerPro Music Player, it worked.

I used "Root Explorer" by SpeedSoftware, which worked perfectly.  I just copy pasted the folder back at his place.

You have to remember to select the folder (I did it with all the few files in as well, just in case), and change the permission.

Because when you copy the folder on your SD card (Which is FAT32), all the permissions (Read-Write-Execute) are lost.  After you copy the folder back in the internal storage, using "Root Explorer", you have to allow all the permission of the folder, so that the app have access to read/write/run.  Otherwise, force close will happen.

Did not tested it with Poweramp, but PlayerPro did worked.

But it will only work with Root, as said earlier.

Thank you for the very important hint. I'm shure I'd have overlooked that behaviour and the action would have failed.

Unfortunately, my root browser can change the permissions just for one folder/file at a time. So you have to limit the number of files you want to restore. Otherwise it's faster to change all settings in Poweramp itself.

Important files:

folders.db (EQ)

com.maxmpz.audioplayer_preferences.xml (all settings)

and other two ones.

But you lose a lot of time doing that and I hope the developers will find a simpler solution.

PlayerPro had like 20 files in the folder - I did these one at a time, it's impossible (With "Root Explorer") like you said, to change these in one click.
I'm not sure if it's necessary to change all the permissions, from all the files, or just the folder itself, but I did it anyway.

My com.maxmpz.audioplayer contain only 12 files, in my case - that should be possible.

But an option to save/restore the settings without root access, I say why not ?

I'm pretty such this is on the planned features list.

Unfortunately, the whole planned features list has been planned since sometime in 2011, and currently appears to be dependent on a new audio engine that Max is working on first before any of it is going to happen. And "this year" is the closest anyone has seen to an ETA for that.

Andre

Archived