Unlock without Google account

woofit

Been using the unlocked Poweramp player for a few years now but always tied to a play store purchase. Chose not to enter a Google account on latest phone and saw this in FAQ:

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

Q. I have device (tablet, phone) without Google Accounts, can I use Poweramp Full Version?

Q. I don't want to use Google Account (e.g. due to the privacy reasons). Can I use Poweramp Full Version?

Starting from May 2013 we also support ordinary Email account as Poweramp Full Version account for purchases made on website.

This is implemented in Poweramp-(alt)-Full-Version-Unlocker-2.0-build-22 and above, if you have old version of Unlocker, contact us and we will provide with the new version.

Google account can be used as previously.

Just enter your device email account in Poweramp purchase form and Unlocker will work with it. Also, we can change your account by your email sent to Poweramp.maxmpz gmail.com (please provide your order id and desired new email).

I repurchased the unlocker through the Poweramp website registering a yahoo account listed on the phone's account settings and Installed as per order instructions but Poweramp fails to unlock. I get a message saying it contacted Google and could not find a Google account. Been through multiple full reinstallations, in the correct order, but program continues to search for a Google account and not finding it stays locked. 

Did I misinterpret the FAQ above? Anyone have luck unlocking with a non-Google account following the procedure I followed?     

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, it's frustrating. I finally rephrased my question to Poweramp like this: 

"Must the account be a GOOGLE account or GOOGLE email account? I put a Yahoo email account on the phone and registered it when I bought the unlocker from your website. It won't unlock.
Will Poweramp work using a Non-Google email account from the account section of my phone?
Your FAQ and emails sure make it sound like it will, that's why I bought it a third time."

And got this answer from Poweramp:

"When you buy from Poweramp site you may use any account, it doesn't have to be Google."

So Poweramp confirms what I thought earlier and should be unlocking with only a single non-google account on phone.

On my phone it appears to unlock in that it thanks me for purchase but when I go into settings it immediately launches a license check, says it can't find a Google account and then license not verified.

It's a fine app or I wouldn't go to this trouble but I wish their own website version would license the way it's supposed to.  

Poweramp Unlocker purchased from website works with either Google or Email accounts. We don't support Yahoo accounts or any sorts of other accounts for website Unlocker. If you can add that Yahoo account email as Email Account to your device, Poweramp Unlocker will do the activation (you can then remove that Email account and Unlocker if you wish).

Please check here for more details: http://powerampapp.com/buy-poweramp/

If you have issue with activating your yahoo email (properly registered on the device as Email account) - than issue is elsewhere, e.g. typo in email, etc. Please use Get Support in Poweramp license dialog then for fast support.

Thanks!

I used the Yahoo account in the box when I purchased the web unlocker and I entered it as an email on the phone, it's the only email account listed on the phone. The entry is accurate, no transpositions or errors. I have installed and reinstalled 8-10 times on two different examples of the same model phone that's running Gingerbread 2.3.5. I still receive an "unable to verify license" window and Poweramp locks. I should also say that these phones did unlock Poweramp using a Play Store purchase version before they were factory reset.

"We don't support Yahoo accounts or any sorts of other accounts for website Unlocker. If you can add that Yahoo account email as Email Account to your device, Poweramp Unlocker will do the activation (you can then remove that Email account and Unlocker if you wish)."

I have to say that the above seems contradictory. It appears that you're saying now that you don't support non-google accounts then you say that a Yahoo email will work for unlocking. If it won't unlock with a Yahoo or Hotmail registration then please state that unequivocally on the purchase page or better yet prevent the purchase if a non Google account is entered in the registration box. If it works it would be good to hear from support about the specifics of my case.

I like your app and appreciate the work you've put in but I'd sure like to have functionality without Google, something you indicated (again?) was possible.   

I'm not hearing from Poweramp anymore.

For those checking this thread to see if you can purchase from the Poweramp website and unlock WITHOUT using a Google account or email...Based on my experience I would say NO you cannot despite what Poweramp appears to occasionally say.

If anyone is successful please post what you did. 

It seems there is no way to unlock with "email".... cause "email" = "googleaccount(email)"

I have no google adware installed... so I cant use Poweramp legal.... Although I bought it(google) and I would buy it twice....

Thats really shit !!!

I bought it twice from the Google Play store but decided to leave a Google account off this phone. Based on Poweramp's own guidance I bought it a third time directly from them but can't use it. It would be nice if they'd come up with a way to purchase legitimately and unlock without Google. It's done in other apps, e.g., Titanium Backup, Fancy Widgets, etc.

Hi,

a little bit offtopic... I hope they sell Poweramp on pdassi. I bought something there and it was a dream ... no account needed for buying... no activation needed for the ap... downloadeble as an apk file....

But for now I am searching for an alternative for Poweramp

I have to say that the above seems contradictory. It appears that you're saying now that you don't support non-google accounts then you say that a Yahoo email will work for unlocking. If it won't unlock with a Yahoo or Hotmail registration then please state that unequivocally on the purchase page or better yet prevent the purchase if a non Google account is entered in the registration box. If it works it would be good to hear from support about the specifics of my case.I like your app and appreciate the work you've put in but I'd sure like to have functionality without Google, something you indicated (again?) was possible.   

I know this can be quite hard to understand, bug same "someperson@yahoo.com" can be registered as different type of accounts on the same Android device - as google, yahoo, corporate, yandex, dropbox, and as any of 1000x existing account types out of there. We support just Google and Email accounts (and Yandex via their store) at this moment.

There is a difference between "someperson@yahoo.com" registered on device as Yahoo account and as Email account. Email account icon (on Stock android) looks like this: email-acct.png

If you can add such account, provided that you have Website version of unlocker, it will "just work" the same way as for Google account.

Most probably, you have this type of account registered on device: post-1749-0-24491100-1392658147_thumb.pn

This won't work, please add the same Yahoo email as Email account again to the device.

Thanks!

"There is a difference between "someperson@yahoo.com" registered on device as Yahoo account and as Email account. Email account icon (on Stock android) looks like this:"

Thanks for your reply. This would explain the problem if I were entering the Yahoo email as a Yahoo Account  post-1749-0-24491100-1392658147_thumb.pn.

I'm not doing that.

I am entering the same yahoo email I registered with on your web site and I'm entering it as an email account using the Email heading. The yahoo email shows up as an email in the account section of the phone.

1. I install Poweramp and unlocker from the email links you sent when I purchased from your website.

2. I launch the app and I believe it thanks me for purchase but that window flashes by quickly so I'm not sure. It then says "Thanks for updating Poweramp"

When I open Poweramp settings it launches a license check and says "Failed to verify license" and "APM response No Valid Google Accounts"

I've generated a couple of emails to you through the program itself. I thought these would contain a report on the specifics. In any event I've given you these same details in separate emails. The phone is rooted but that shouldn't matter since it did the same thing on an unrooted phone. Using stock rom 2.3.5.

I believe I'm following the correct procedure but Poweramp still searches for a Google account and won't unlock.

You probably use about old year unlocker. This, for example, is visible immediately if you use Get Support button and support team will response quickly. This is why forum is not the best place to resolve such issues VS Get Support.

I will PM link to updated Unlocker.

Thanks!

Using same unlocker I received 2 weeks ago but tried your link all the same, never has worked. I've contacted support repeatedly over last couple weeks through device and your replies appeared to be automated in that they were identical and offered the same solution...reload from this link followed by locking. Then replies stopped. I'll try again through the phone but too much effort already invested. Finally opened forum thread to see if others were having success and how they did it. 500 views and no details yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Officially I would say something like this: our solution works for most Android devices ROMs out there. Unfortunately, due to the fragmented Android platform with too many devices/ROMs/tweaks/custom ROMs and hacks out of there, it can fail. 

Unofficially: lack of communication. Where communication took place we always investigated those cases, and there were always a solution for most or no solution (e.g. due to very "customized" Android).

PS We tested Email accounts for unlocking many times and right now there are thousands of non-google account users with Poweramp. Still, this is only for "new" Unlocker (about 8 month old). Or with uninstalled Unlocker and latest build-550.

Thanks!

Officially I would say something like this: our solution works for most Android devices ROMs out there. Unfortunately, due to the fragmented Android platform with too many devices/ROMs/tweaks/custom ROMs and hacks out of there, it can fail. 

Unofficially: lack of communication. Where communication took place we always investigated those cases, and there were always a solution for most or no solution (e.g. due to very "customized" Android).

PS We tested Email accounts for unlocking many times and right now there are thousands of non-google account users with Poweramp. Still, this is only for "new" Unlocker (about 8 month old). Or with uninstalled Unlocker and latest build-550.

Thanks!

I'm using the stock ROM, nothing exotic or hacked, and have followed your instructions to the letter on both rooted and unrooted  phones, Poweramp will not unlock without Google. I've tried 2 different examples of the same Droid X2 model running 2.3.5. a common older phone and android version that unlocks fine with google.

Using the Poweramp build from my website purchase link (February '14 purchase) - v550 with a fresh unlocker install on factory reset phones and I've advised all this repeatedly in separate emails. I've been communicating with you from the start and your solution was always to reload from the link you provide in your reply, no help. Opened this thread to see how others were faring. 

I understand the challenges you must face with models and android versions but my configuration seems pretty basic. Poweramp has great features and sound quality but your procedure does not work for me so I'll move on to something else 'til someone can point to a method that actually works.

woofit

Thanks for the details.

Yes, for Androids below 3, there is no Android default email app and accounts, thus it won't work. I'll update the info on purchase page.

Here's where I got the idea it worked...from the non-Google account download section of your website, it says:

APK file, 6.5mb, non-Google Play distribution version
NOTE: Please ensure you have Unknown sources check box checked in Android Settings => Applications (prior Android 4.0); or Android Settings => Security (Android 4.0+). If you don’t have this checked or if you don’t have such checkbox, you won’t be able to install Poweramp this way."

My Android version was part of every email I sent you and 2.3.5 does show an email and account section on my phone that I referred to several times. I imagine others have been wasting time on this also. I know you're busy but please read the details in user correspondence before generating a download link and insisting something works.

I'll watch for the Gingerbread revision. Gingerbread and Froyo may be around a while yet since a number of prepaid providers in the U.S. are offering Android smart phone service with low end phones or bring-your-own-phone programs. Tracfone, for one, limits Android service to 3G equipment only so phones like the Motorola X2 are seeing new life as BYOP devices on Tracfone. Unfortunately these previous generation phones are stuck on Gingerbread, at least for those who don't flash a new ROM. Look forward to getting Poweramp back without using a Google email. 

• 5 months later...

Hi guys. New to the forum. Can't get Poweramp working on my LG Optimus F6 phone.

I downloaded the trial version directly from their website (Poweramp-2.0.9-build-559-uni). After it expired, I used the "Buy Directly" option from their website to purchase the unblocking license. Got my verifications from both Poweramp and Payproglobal. No matter what I try, I get the message that no such email account is registered to the device.

I've been going back and forth for two days with Poweramp support. Mostly, their responses seem canned. If I ask a question, it's never specifically answered. Anyway, yesterday they suggested changing my email account. So, I changed it to a Yahoo account and sent them the information. They responded by confirming the change on their end. Still doesn't work. Since yesterday morning, when I emailed that the latest attempt didn't help, they've stopped communicating!

I can't imagine there's anything I'm doing wrong. Both email accounts, including the new one, are registered as EMAIL accounts on my phone. I even tested to be sure I can receive emails to both on my phone. I've entered and reentered the email address and Order ID# at least 10 times. There are no typos. It simply will not work.

At this point, if I do not hear back from them and if they can't offer some workable solution, I will stop payment with my credit card company. After all, I've done everything they claim you have to do on their website and in email responses. If the product really doesn't work with non-Google Play purchases, or if there are serious glitches, they should be up front about it and not accept your money. I don't think I have any options left. But I'll wait till tomorrow to be sure they've really just stopped emailing me back before cancelling the payment.

Probably a silly question, but does anyone have any other suggestions or comments?

Thank you.

• 1 year later...

I'm waiting for an e-mail reply from their tech support. I'm also trying to unlock w/ the msn account I provided during purchase directly on their Web site (I also do not have a Gmail account, though I do have a general Google account). So far, no luck, which is a shame since this is a really good app.

If you have a Google account (even though no separate gmail address) I'm just curious as to why did you not buy via that account in the Google Play Store?

As long as the email address used to purchase the licence is a valid email address in your phone, it should allow verification of the ID that was sent in your confirmation email. Have you installed the version of Poweramp from the website here, or the one from the Play Store?

You've probably already read the following, but from the FAQs list:

http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/323547-poweramp-unlockers-difference-error-24

http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/323571-unlocker-without-google-account

http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/357027-no-such-account-is-registered-on-this-device

Andre

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I see this is an old topic, but I am having this same problem. 

I have a Hotmail email account that I registered on my Sony Xperia Z5 phone under the Email app and  it worked at first,  and then the android got an update and now Poweramp does not recognise my email. 

I sent in numerous support requests and no one has replied to me so far.  I asked that they even change my account email to my Gmail account because Poweramp can see Gmail easily apparently.

The reason I didn't get it from the playstore is because I do not live in one of those lucky countries who have access to tons of apps. 

I really would love some help for this app I paid for....

Archived